MOOSE Framework - DETECTION and TASK DISPATCHING

FlightControl

Quick question, will you have the ability to have JTAC call in strike coordinates in MGRS (a 9-line)? I did watch the video but may have missed that part.

Really promising! :)

Thanks! But... Ehh... Hehehe..

Can you clarify the terminology a bit ? MGRS. 9-line.

On the demo video I have a JTAC demoed. But not sure what you mean with the other terms :-)

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 mobile

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I feel stupid... First of all I should know my history better... Mercator was also a Belgian...

MGRS is the military grid system... It is based on UTM Universal Transverse Mercator...

https://www.luomus.fi/en/utm-mgrs-atlas-florae-europaeae

The 9-line is a standard protocol consisting out of 9 lines... I should have been looking at this more carefully...

GREA3Bf.png

Will do.... If I have questions I will ask them.

Thanks to quax on our moose community for showing me the way...

Sven.

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

9-Line is already implemented by default and works great with the default JTAC system provided by DCS since A-10C came out years ago. Also it has full audio support and great interaction with JTAC. It will take a lot of time to recreate that in a mission script and by the end of the day you will got the same results. So it is easier to define JTACs in the mission editor it self, they will see the same targets as our script does because this script uses the built in detection mechanism.

MGRS input can only be used by A-10C at the moment (not sure is Gazelle can do that...) while LAT LONG is available for any plane in DCS using either the F10 map or the Kneeboard if you can read maps.

We try to bring back some older planes to into the game (especially online) like L-39ZA, MiG-21, Su-25A, F-5E and A-10A which have hard time to search for their targets. That is why the current approach if the plane have a compass you can reach the target zone and if you can spot a smoke on the ground you'll have your target. However we also think about visual referencing points (hills, towns, rivers) to implement and restrict the smoke marking on targets to be available in a certain range (artillery or MLRS)

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

9-Line is already implemented by default and works great with the default JTAC system provided by DCS since A-10C came out years ago. Also it has full audio support and great interaction with JTAC. It will take a lot of time to recreate that in a mission script and by the end of the day you will got the same results. So it is easier to define JTACs in the mission editor it self, they will see the same targets as our script does because this script uses the built in detection mechanism.

MGRS input can only be used by A-10C at the moment (not sure is Gazelle can do that...) while LAT LONG is available for any plane in DCS using either the F10 map or the Kneeboard if you can read maps.

We try to bring back some older planes to into the game (especially online) like L-39ZA, MiG-21, Su-25A, F-5E and A-10A which have hard time to search for their targets. That is why the current approach if the plane have a compass you can reach the target zone and if you can spot a smoke on the ground you'll have your target. However we also think about visual referencing points (hills, towns, rivers) to implement and restrict the smoke marking on targets to be available in a certain range (artillery or MLRS)

Hi, The JTAC functionality can be much improved, understanding better the DCS built-in capability. So, we'll work on that... When I get back from holidays ...

As discussed on out MOOSE slack channels, we'll finish this development and get it released in September. Maybe DCS 2.5 will be out by that time in alpha/beta, so we can test and deploy the function simultaneously...

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Any views on G2G tasking?

Yes, I have a thought.

We can spawn AI ground units within a zone. This is their initial placement on the battlefield, or if you prefer, along the FLOT. How can we instruct those groups to move out of that zone and advance into another zone?

Is there a way to do this without creating waypoints for each group?

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Very impressive. It makes me happy but it also makes me sad:

1. Happy - because someone has taken the next step and developed (or tried to develop) something that is sorely needed in DCS; and

2. Sad - because its not ED doing it (its something that's been asked for continuously for years and yet ED have ignored it in the bid to push out other stuff)

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Very impressive. It makes me happy but it also makes me sad:

1. Happy - because someone has taken the next step and developed (or tried to develop) something that is sorely needed in DCS; and

2. Sad - because its not ED doing it (its something that's been asked for continuously for years and yet ED have ignored it in the bid to push out other stuff)

Gábor and myself thank you for your feedback. It makes indeed mission design a more intrusive experience. But why are you sad. It is not the purpose of ED to make this stuff; In fact to be honest, and i speak for myself, I would like ED to STOP making their own menu systems, their own cargo handling, JTAC handling etc... I would want ED to focus on what they do (should do :mad: ), that is:

1. Make good modules :pilotfly:

2. Improve the simulator API :music_whistling:

3. Increase the functionality of the simulator API. :helpsmilie:

4. Clear out ALL show stopping bugs. Not those wish list things, but real showstoppers that are now in the simulator for months, like some very é#!&é# :censored: in the multi player engine of DCS. :chair:

5. Improve the mission editor, make it more user friendly and invest in a richer editing experience... (Like cut-paste templates etc). :book:

6. Improve the messaging and menu system that is present while running missions. I mean that radio menu (F10) option should become just the main menu, and remove all those disturbing menus off the shelve, that hardly work sometimes ... :music_whistling:

7. Make DCS a true preemptive multi tasked engine providing mission designers a much larger battle scene. I mean it is hilarious, after sooooooo many years, DCS is still using one CPU of your 64 core machine ... :thumbup:

The reasoning behind all this is that ED should do what they are good at. But unfortunately, we see ED delivering stuff (like cargo handling), that is half baked and not well made sometimes... On the other hand, it is a really fantastic simulator, and i really hope in the near future that ED is going to consider thoroughly their business strategy and commercial strategy... The community can come up with very advanced military patterns and implementations, if ED would only provide us the right tools and APIs to make them. I can come up with a list of points that i think would really open a more immersive experience for mission designers and players (some are not that hard to make i think), and open the door for the community to make fantasic scripts and tools around the simulator.

I think THAT would really make DCS a very popular product on the market. A good mix of product capabilities provided by ED with creativity and design from the community...

(Maybe it is not the right thread to discuss this, but thought of posting it here anyway ...)

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Point 5. is already in ME. Select the group and press CTRL+C to copy and CTRL+V to paste. There also is a "Template" button that saves templates so you can use them in your next mission. What we need is grouping of static objects the same way as "live" units. To extend the cut and paste function they could possibly add feature to "select" more than one group to cut and paste (like holding CTRL down and clicking groups before copying).

Point 5. is already in ME. Select the group and press CTRL+C to copy and CTRL+V to paste. There also is a "Template" button that saves templates so you can use them in your next mission. What we need is grouping of static objects the same way as "live" units. To extend the cut and paste function they could possibly add feature to "select" more than one group to cut and paste (like holding CTRL down and clicking groups before copying).

Hey jack, thanks for helping out. But what are your thoughts on the "thinking" behind the previous post...

[/TABLE]

Hey jack, thanks for helping out. But what are your thoughts on the "thinking" behind the previous post...

I was commenting the "Cut, paste and templates". I also think ME should be more user friendly but over the past few years we have seen a ME that have evolved much in new features so I do believe they are working on it. And I believe ED is reading the user feedback.