reminder of what I was missing --and vr snap zoom q

wingsuit

I had lent my dk2 to a friend for quite awhile (before I got into dcs) and just recently got it back. I've got a really nice display setup and was really enjoying it, tooling around with learning my new purchase (huey)

well my long lent dk2 found its way back home this weekend and I was able to try it with all the new vr bits I've been reading about.

So I loaded up the stray eagle and rebel base missions. dont know why I didnt immediately request it (dk2) back when I got this game but kind of glad it got delayed. the look and click is super intuitive, and as much as I love my displays, sitting in the right seat and moving left to get a pillar out of the way and keep an eye on the lead in a formation flight just isnt the same with track ir. dont even get me started on low level flight through the city to dodge incoming and looking over through passing buildings to see the enemy evaporated as I watched a cobra overfly its position. (i may have audibly cheered)

but this is the vr forum, I'm preaching to the crowd. Mainly came here to ask a question on the vr zoom.

the speed at which it zooms in and out is too slow for me. I just want a snap picture of something that I'm suspecting is already there. In the huey I find my self in a low bank dodging fire and am doing a quick scan for troops. and the slow in and out can mess with you.

I'd love the ability to just have it toggle the tighter camera and back, rather than slow zoom to it and back. with all the crazy cool stuff people do in lua on these forums does anyone know if something like this is tweakable? or is there maybe a setting where I can tweak that speed?

now I just gotta figure out how to pull together funds for the cv1. ;)

Yes, I think there are more than a few here who'd like an instant 2x/5x/10x zoom view in VR.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

For the same reason why A10 pilots carry binoculars. So you can more easily identify targets or check out the AO.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It's kind of like a digital version of what you perceive when you focus on something. Stare at a mountain and you take in the whole thing. Spot a bear on the hillside and you can razor focus on a really small spot. You haven't zoomed anything but that spot in the distance seems to have more "resolution" when you put your attention there.

Digitally we are capped by the monitor rez so the zoom in feature helps in spotting targets and feels natural enough, like putting your focus on a small detail.

Hope that all makes sense.