Tracker Ir Pro 4 vector USB Problems

rattler

Here I am asking the Pro's again. Have read some real bad problems with getting Track Ir Pro 3 to be recognized. Has this been an Issue with the Tracker Ir pro 4 Vector as well. There is a forum that has nothing but problems with this issue and seems that you have to go through a lot to get it working. You are handled on an individual bases. As far as I can see there is no patch available for the issue, you have to e-mail a log and then they send you an e-mail fix in the registry. Has anyone here had any such problems. As one person said, Paid a lot of money for a migraine. Will cost me close to $250Cdn. Would not want a major issue right from the start. This issue means until you get a fix Tracker is a no joy. I know it was all about Tracker Ir pro3 and one guy added vector and now has problems. There is a post here for a version upgrade and it so happens to be the same version as these people were trying after problems with version 3.0 . Now version 4.0 etc. can't remember complete version no. , but it is an

Alfa version. Please send feedback on your Trackers, small problems I can deal with but this sounds like a real mess. Thanks guys. Cheers.

Well I have owned TrackIR 1, and now own a couple of TIR 4 and a TIR3 Pro w/vector. All work fine aside from the occasional glitch. Excellent piece of kit! The NP forums contain only posts from people who are having trouble. The vast majority of people have little to no problems with them AFAIK.

Many of the issues reported at the forums are not TIR software problems at all but OS or system level USB issues. IMHO TIR is a pretty safe bet and more then likely you are reading the exception rather then the rule from support posts on the NP forums. Most of the people in our squad use them and have absolutely no issues that are not easily and quickly corrected.

Out

Well,the first one I got[TRKIR4]worked for 5min then suddenly stopped!I tried everything I could to get it working thinking it was a software issue....NO DICE....I never recieved a reply from natural point either

I sent it back to Buy.com where I bought it from and the second one works great!!!!.....do yourself a favor and get it....it makes flight simming a whole new world.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion and it's working fine in Lock-On. There are issues with it suddenly stopping to work while in game (happened to me many time also) but I believe this is some USB driver issue. I have it running now without any problems for over a month, and it's been working flawlessly ever since I installed WindowsXP Service Pack 2 again. Now even if I change some settings withing the menu in game, TrackIR does not stop working... and before it has.

On these forums you can find "solution" for this by deleting TrackIR.ini from Lock-On Config folder (and some other one, which I now can't remember as I'm at work and can't check :)) but I have found that this didn't work for me. On contrary, reinstalling SP2 seems to work.

But most definitely TrackIR is well worth spending money for :D

No longer active in DCS...

It's a well known issue,when it dosn't reocognize,and i've have it everytime i've re-installed my TIR 3pro on a different USB port.

There's is a fix and all u have to do is run the "NP REG FIX"..restart your pc and then it's recognized.

Work's everytime

EDIT: I can send you (or anyone else)the NP REG FIX..i didn't have to go through all the trouble u mention to get it.

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

RE Rathler

Hi everyone.

What can I say about TIRs. Be very carefule with it. I have bought already third TIR ( 2 of them broke in 10 days after purchase).

There can be these problems ( it's only my opinion ) - Bad power on computer (I had SLI 7900 gtx + FX 60 + 2x Raids and 520w of power). Now I set 680w.

Next problem I guess is bad electronic in TIR.

In you case - try to connect it to other computer. If nothing good send it back to the seller and wait for other.

Third time when I recieved a TIR I follow these rules :

1. Connect and disconect it when power OFF at all/

2. I chose a USB port and TIR will be connected to it until the WINDOWS REINSTALL.

3. The Best way to keep it LIVE connect it 1 time and don't touch.

GOOD LUCK

=999= Storeman

E 6850 3.8ГГЦ ,2GB OCZ 1200,Video 4870x2, X-FI Fatality, 32" Samsung ,HOTAS COUGAR,Emagin 3D Visor , Track IR4 Pro

I've never had any prob's what so-ever except using the NP REG FIX..as for a power supply problem my system is OC'd (check my sig)

You just possibly got faulty unit's,I've had similar problems with my X52,I've had two of them..my third seem's ok.

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)