Nose wheel steering

brettt777

Somebody please tell me there's a way to turn down the sensitivity of the nose wheel steering...? (Besides turning the rudder axis sensitivity way down). I can't imagine the real aircraft had NWS that ridiculously touchy...

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

The only way that I have found is to adjust the rudder curvature slider. Everyone's control setup and personal preference will be different so you will need to experiment in order to find what setting works best for you. I found a setting of 50 works for me and provides improved responsiveness and control while taxing.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Ill give it a try. I had to adjust most all of my axis anyway just because everything was way too sensitive to begin with. I just don't understand why they made it that way when the rest of the plane is so great.

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

This subject was extensively discussed under

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=251.

People who have piloted the real F-5E confirm that the NWS behaviour is realistic. Personally I struggled a bit early on but no problem now. Important not to use NWS at speed above about 50 knots. I found it difficult to hold the NWS button on the Warthog joystick for a long time (with my pinky finger), so I mapped it to a 2-position switch on the throttle (Engine Fuel Flow Right) which works well for me.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5