The not so distant future.

dudeman17

The year is coming to an end and things are looking good in the sky's of DCS. But I have got to thinking. off the top of my head we are expecting 5 major releases before the end of the year.

1: Spitfire.

2: P-40.

3: Viggen.

4: FA-18c.

5: DCS 2.5 release.

(List subject to change.)

That said I may have missed something and I am also aware "everything is subject to change." And "two weeks," however there are 11 Friday's left and a large quantity of potential Christmas mornings. Now I'm no expert but if I were ED I wouldn't release them all at the same time so what's going to happen? Are we going to get something every other week or will we get a flood near the last minute? Or maybe a case of two more weeks will kick in and releases will be punched back into 2017.

So I guess for now I'll board the hype train and hope for the next news letter to be the big release.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

From statements by ED and the Devs, it is highly likely. Amazing how quick the year has gone though, this time last year we were all waiting for 2.0

Going to be an expensive Christmas though

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Expect to manage your expectations

The year is coming to an end and things are looking good in the sky's of DCS. But I have got to thinking. off the top of my head we are expecting 5 major releases before the end of the year.

1: Spitfire.

2: P-40.

3: Viggen.

4: FA-18c.

5: DCS 2.5 release.

(List subject to change.

Hold your wings mate. :)

I will be really satisfied if ED releases 2.5 and bug fix it before end of a year.

F-18C was said that maybe it will be in a shape to release early access towards end of this year but I was also participating in A-10C early access... It was flying but it wasn't what it is now.

So, they will release when it is ready. Quality over speed -- my expectations.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I'd like to remind you that two years ago, we were also expecting DCS 2.0 before the end of the year. Turns out it was released a year later in an alpha stage ;)

Same with other planes, P40 was already on pre sale a year ago (and expected to be released soon then). Spitfire went to "internal testing" 1,5 year ago. There was a time when LNS expected to have two modules and Tomcat beta available by the end of this year.

So yeah, things take usually much longer than devs expect, don't pay much attention to the dates they mention occasionally. I will be very surprised if we get all the things you listed in the first post before 2017.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Every friday is a lottery. until we hit the jackpot!:smartass:

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Wishful thinking, the only one that looks likely is the Viggen.

Based on past behaviour, we'd be seeing a lot more of the Spit and F/A-18 from ED if launch was imminent. ED tend to promote heavily about a month before pre-purchase, and pre-purchase is normally in effect for a good few weeks.

Ergo, there's not really enough time left for ED's modules to fit with that pattern for a 2016 release.

Edited by Buzzles

A huge leap regarding the Viggen there too Buzzles? All we have seen is a video, without any concrete announcements.

Just do the sensible thing everyone, and wait for announcements from those who actually know what they're talking about, and don't just making wild unsubstantiated comments based on nothing more than hearsay and dreams.

A huge leap regarding the Viggen there too Buzzles? All we have seen is a video, without any concrete announcements,

Maybe. LNS have stated they plan to announce and then release "a few" weeks later, and their little trailer video seemed to hint something will happen next month. Plus, one of Cobra's recent updates a little while back indicated it was the final push in their crunch and that they're nearly done.

It's why I said likely, and nothing more concrete.

Also, for clarity, I'm not likely going to buy it, so I'm not projecting a bias based on a want.

Edited by Buzzles