BFT-01 Ground Handling

I have the BFT installed as an ED DLC.

I've been getting stuck at the shutdown. After the Instructor says that he is verifying my shutdown sequence there is a long pause and then a message appears that says unsatisfactory performance. There is no mention of any item being missed. I've gone through this 3 times in a row and its always been the same outcome. Get U on shutdown but no indication why. Any ideas? I'd really like to move on to the next stage.

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I have the checklist and I've verified that I complete all the mandatory items.

I was running from the campaign screen there was not option to save track?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Does it happen in the practice ground handling or interactive shutdown missions?

There are voice overs for any missed switches or buttons, however if you also get too many 'your too close' or 'speed it up' messages that could also result in an U rating.

To save a trk file when you exit the mission and see the results screen, on the bottom right there should be a save trk button.

You can see how the mission should play with this video:

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I attempted BFT-01 again and this time the instructor never even asked me to do the shut down sequence. Mission stopped with a U. Followed the vehicle and stopped when it did in the parking area and just sat there. Moved ahead a bit and got a "You're to close" warning and then mission ended. I have the track but its 17MB, when I try to split it into smaller zip files I get an Invalid File message when I try to attach the files.

Here is a link where you can get the trk file:

http://www.filedropper.com/bft-01crackerjack

Edited by CrackerJack

Unfortunately that trk file won't show the full run. The aircraft goes off the taxiway and gets stuck.

I recommend updating your video card drivers or reinstall them as some folks have had issues with the flags but once updated the mission played as expected.

You could also try a DCS Repair in case you have any corrupted files.

Please report back if you continue to have issues.

Sabre thank you for taking a look at the track. That's really odd I never left the taxiway! I always keep my video card drivers up to date. I do have some mods installed I'll disable them and give it a try again and report back. Cheers!

Yes the trk files have issues on replay - they don't always play exactly the same as the mission.

We also noticed that the INS Alignment got stuck on 2.7.4.0 instead of finishing at 4.0.0.8 with INS NAV READY flashing. This could be a trk file replay issue as well.

Note that you don't have to wait for the full 15 minutes before starting. Once you think you have completed the startup procedure you can use the F10 menu to tell the FE that you are done and he will check your status at that point. Select READY STARTUP to send the message to the FE.

Since the program uses flags to record and track status in the mission other programs that overwrite the memory could be contributing. Try closing unnecessary programs when playing.

Sabre here is the latest:

1 - I disabled all mods.

2 - Ran DCS Updater Repair on ver 1.5.4

3 - Updated to DCS 1.5.5

4 - Confirmed video driver is up to date I have GTX 970

5 - Ran BFT-01 same result as above. Complete startup OK taxi to parking area, lead vehicle stops I stop noithing happens, pull ahead a bit and get warning, sit and wait then get a failed message.

Here is the link to the track:

http://www.filedropper.com/bft-01crackerjacktrack2

Any ideas please let me know. When I ran the mission I only had TrackIR running.

I tried the F10 to get the startup check earlier but I get the map view??

Does it make sense to remove the BFT Campaign and re-install?

Cheers!

Sorry the F10 reference is within the Radio Menu.

I checked all the triggers that set the Unqual flag and they all have a text message and voice message.

Have you tried the practice mission or the Interactive Shutdown mission as the triggers are the same in those missions and that might give us a clue as to what is happening.

Does the Humvee park close to the tanker in front of the main airport building terminal? You need to park close to the Humvee to trigger the shutdown.

The Humvee should go around the civilian airliner and then stop and you should follow him until you hear:

"You can park the bird here Cadet.

You have 2 minutes to complete your shutdown procedure."

The DCS Repair should have corrected any corrupted mission files but uninstalling and redownloading the campaign might be the fix.

We will do some more testing and investigation to see if we can reproduce what you are experiencing.

I will try the practice mission and the shutdown mission and report results.

What is the proper procedure to uninstall the DLC to completely remove the files?

The Humvee goes past the airliner but not nearly as far past as it does in Recon's video of the mission. When the Humvee stops I do but nothing happens, if I move closer I get the "To Close" warning and then that's it Uqual after a waiting period.

That sounds like you have an older version of the mission. There was a problem early in 1.5 where the Humvee didn't reach the proper parking spot to enable the shutdown triggers. We fixed that in an update.

Not sure why the DCS Repair wouldn't have updated your version.

To remove the module go to the module manager, installed tab, select the campaigns tab and then the trash can icon on the right of the campaign listing.

To reinstall go back to the module manager, select available DLC, then campaigns, then select install.

Let me know if that works to get you updated properly.

We just retested the mission in DCS World OpenBeta 1.5.5 and it completed fine. Here are some screen shots so you can compare.

The first is after the Humvee stops. The second is showing a completed shutdown procedure and QUAL rating.

Hopefully reinstalling the module will solve the problem for you.

Screen_161112_150433.thumb.jpg.3641d2522e20720d8c6043e93fab57cf.jpg

Screen_161112_150655.thumb.jpg.c92ddef3cad6231a062cd55321a78648.jpg

Sabre I have discovered something else that may be the problem.

I noticed that I actually have the BFT Campaign listed twice in the Campaign Screen. I uninstalled as you suggested. When I return to DCS and go to the Campaign screen after the uninstall its still listed? If I open Module Manager a prompt appears telling me I can install the BFT Campaign.

Prior to having the BFT Campaign as an ED DLC I had purchased directly from MFM. I later upgraded to the ED DLC. If I view my installed programs in control panel I don't see any MFM programs.

If I install the module again in module manager it appears twice in the campaign screen. So should there be two instances of the BFT in the Campaign screen?

No the original MFM campaign was replaced by the ED Store version so you don't need it. If you haven't requested your rebate for upgrading you can read about it here.

You can remove the MFM campaign files from this path (default MFM install path - change the drive letter to match your install path):

G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns

Prior to the ED Store version we had to install to the Mods\aircraft\A-10C folder.

The ED Store DLCs are all stored in the G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns folder.

I think you must have been playing an older version that had the early 1.5 bug in it (but with 2 versions on the campaign screen it would be hard to tell which is which). Once the MFM campaign and mission files are removed you should only see the ED Store DLC campaign.

Let us know if that fixes it.

Piggyback on this. I am having trouble at shutdown. I am failing because "ILS OFF" but i am pretty sure i turned it off while switching down the aircraft, same as the TACAN. Is there anything else I am missing? I am on last build on live (1.5.5) and recently bought the campaign last week.

I did the interactive shutdown as well and it only detected off after cycling OFF->ON->OFF which is strange.

Edited by The Legman

DCS Discord community - https://discord.gg/U8aqzVT

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sabre, I should have gotten back to you earlier but you were correct, I had been playing the previous version. I had both installed, I had thought the new would have over written the old version. All is good now. Thank you for your most excellent support!

• 4 weeks later...

Just getting started with the BTF campaign for the hog. After some trial and error on BTF01 (Ground handling practice) I've made it through to the end BUT when the instructor says "OK lets check your shutdown procedure" he never says anything else and the mission just keeps running forever.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the campaign, with something I've not done (although the instructor has always failed me if I forgot something), or because ED introduced some nasty bugs with the latest patch: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=176

I purchased and downloaded yesterday, so I would imagine it's an up to date version of the campaign. I'm parked in the red square parking area behind the humvee and no issues with the ILS.

Any suggestions?

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5