A10 view question

Bahnzo

One thing that's been bugging me over the last couple weeks with the A10C, is the cockpit view when the game starts.

It does that thing where it pulls back slowly?

A: Is there any way to stop that?

and

B: Can I at least get it so that it pulls out to where I like it?

I've set the "default" view using the custom snap views thinking that would be it, but it seems to start at my preferred view and then pulls out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I made a few .lua modifications and now my view is correctly zoomed at the mission start. If anyone is interested I can take a look on Sunday evening or Monday.

Could you simply share your .lua file? Or just cut/paste the relevant part maybe?

I've attached my .lua files in this post. They go in your Config\View folder.

In Server.lua at line 21, I modified the limits to 30 and 95. In SnapViewsDefault.lua I then modified line 237 for a view angle of 95 (the same upper limit I set before).

The way it ends up working in the sim is that I keep my Warthog slider binded to zoom always all the way back, and that will net my defualt 95 view. If I need to zoom in, I have the whole range up to 30. For some reason these numbers also take care of the initial zoom effect, but I can't remember why.

The only limitation is that I can't zoom further back than my initial default view.

Server.lua

SnapViewsDefault.lua

I've attached my .lua files in this post. They go in your Config\View folder.

In Server.lua at line 21, I modified the limits to 30 and 95. In SnapViewsDefault.lua I then modified line 237 for a view angle of 95 (the same upper limit I set before).

The way it ends up working in the sim is that I keep my Warthog slider binded to zoom always all the way back, and that will net my defualt 95 view. If I need to zoom in, I have the whole range up to 30. For some reason these numbers also take care of the initial zoom effect, but I can't remember why.

The only limitation is that I can't zoom further back than my initial default view.

The reason it stops the initial zoom is because you are already zoomed all the way out when entering the cockpit (I believe anyways).

Interesting stuff. Not sure it's what I'm looking for, but something to look into anyways.