IFF button usage?

Verde

Hello mates, I have little problem. In single player sometimes IFF button works but in some cases not, why that is happening? Other thing... just played online tigers vs migs and the same thing I press iff to know friend or foe and nothing happens? Am I using something wrong? Radar is on i see different targets but IFF button does nothing:(

Did you remember to turn on the IFF coder/discoder?

Without it the IFF interrogation system does not work and can not IFF a target.

Its on the right wall panel on the same row as the Switches for the Gun,ASP Optical and the Gun camera (its the switch after the Gun camera).

And the light next to the switch will go gree once it is flipped.

Did you remember to turn on the IFF coder/discoder?

Without it the IFF interrogation system does not work and can not IFF a target.

Its on the right wall panel on the same row as the Switches for the Gun,ASP Optical and the Gun camera (its the switch after the Gun camera).

And the light next to the switch will go gree once it is flipped.

Is your IFF working?

My IFF was turned on, if there is nothing changed in the procedureto to turn it on and activating it.

Edited by Absolut

Is your IFF working?

My IFF was turned on, if there is nothing changed in the procedureto to turn it on and activating it.

My IFF works is i have that switch Activated.

(and then use the IFF Button to interrogate)

And it seems to work if i have the Type 81 IFF switch on or off so to my knowledge only the IFF Coder/discoder needs to be on for it to work (but i usually turn on the Type 81 IFF anyway =P.

ok, tried it again, only to prove that i am not an idiot. And no it does not show anything in multiplayer while it works perfect in quickmission!

interesting thing i noticed now, is that i play dcs 1.5.5 and the mig module shows 1.5.4. not sure, but maybe this is some update problem

tomorrow i switch back from beta to normal... i hope this will fix it, we will see

Edited by Absolut

Do you do Manual start up off aircraft or autostart?.

If manual maby there is something you have missed =P.

But you are sure that the light next to

the SRZO IFF Coder/Decoder is Lit Green?

i am sry Mattebubben your troubleshooting is going in the wrong direction. and yea the lite is on.

only to clear this, i dont fly the MiG21 since yesterday, no i fly it since the first day it was available for download and its my absolute favorite module. i just dont play dcs for a while now. so i noticed the problem today, and see that i am not the only one.

but thanks for your help.

because its pretty late now and i like more to fight my bed than problems with dcs i report my results tomorrow or maybe tuesday to help out Verde too.

S!

Edited by Absolut

Just tested on the VA server, IFF works fine. SRZO and Typ 81 switches have to be on (as it has always been).

My Mig also shows 1.5.4 in the title screen, so that can't be the problem. They probably just forgot to change the label.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

i am sry Mattebubben your troubleshooting is going in the wrong direction. and yea the lite is on.

only to clear this, i dont fly the MiG21 since yesterday, no i fly it since the first day it was available for download and its my absolute favorite module. i just dont play dcs for a while now. so i noticed the problem today, and see that i am not the only one.

but thanks for your help.

because its pretty late now and i like more to fight my bed than problems with dcs i report my results tomorrow or maybe tuesday to help out Verde too.

S!

Ok sorry for being to insistent just wanted to make sure =P.

Yea then i dont know what the problem could be =P as it works great for me and many others =P.

I was completely wrong and Mattebubben you was completely right, i am an "Absolut" idiot. Yes it was the Typ 81 switch. A big thanks to this great community for the quickrespond and the great behavior people here have. I learned my lession. Thank you all. S!

• 1 month later...