Flight Simmers and Race Simmmers good buddies?

I am not a big racing sim fan but I am in a squad where we play WWIIOL and we used to also have Nascar 2003 racing league one night a week. Well, Nascar 2003 is sorta getting a bit old now and we are talking about branching out to a new racing game GTR2, rFactor, netkar Pro, etc, etc. The only problem is we can't all go out and buy copies of all 3 games so we are trying to decide which one is the best for us to start up our league with? any recommendations? anything arcadish is definitley out of the question cause these guys are pretty hard core for physics and realism when it comes to racing.

cheers and thanks

I'm one of that kind as well. Love those race sims and i'm racing along with flying since i can remember.

Curently GTR2 has my heart (i have every sim mentioned in this post and more), it is a beautiful racing sim.

Name is the same where ever i am, cant miss me ;)

Turncoats, all of you. Traded in the 3rd dimension for a hot rod with spinners and 200+BHP engines. :P

Seriously, though, why not? I don't think I've ever played anything more realistic than Juiced (which is still pretty much an arcade), but if it floats your boats, rock on, people. Good to see you're not bolted to one genre. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

The only problem is we can't all go out and buy copies of all 3 games so we are trying to decide which one is the best for us to start up our league with? any recommendations?

rFactor is a good choice because there are so many great mods out for it - if you decide to drive f1, karts, touring cars, or whatever theres probably a free mod out there that does it and does it well. Buy one product, get 15 or 20 sims essentially....and theres more in the pipeline...

Physics and graphics are top notch too - it definitely wont feel like an arcade game :)

That being said, Im not knocking GTR-2 either its awesome and (imho) better in some respects... but you buy GTR-2, you get GTR-2.

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

How about an air race at HL with 2 (or more) fighter jets of the same type (or not)

Mission: Sukhumi-Razdolnoye (374 nm)

Take-off together at Sukhumi and the first who land on Razdolnoye is the winner!

You can make intermediate landings if you think you will need it :D !

Sukhumi (farthest base left on the map)

Razdolnoye (farthest base right on the map)

BTW, there is one rule: You can’t shoot down your opponent :D .

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

rFactor is a good choice because there are so many great mods out for it - if you decide to drive f1, karts, touring cars, or whatever theres probably a free mod out there that does it and does it well. Buy one product, get 15 or 20 sims essentially....and theres more in the pipeline...

Physics and graphics are top notch too - it definitely wont feel like an arcade game :)

That being said, Im not knocking GTR-2 either its awesome and (imho) better in some respects... but you buy GTR-2, you get GTR-2.

Thank you very much for responding to my question. I will pass this information onto my squad.

cheers