Navigation help

Hi do you know how to create a steerpoint at a specific point from the bullseye?

Either put the coordinates of the waypoint in the CDU or mark the spot on your TAD

One more, do you know why I set elevation in the waypoint but when I set it as streerpoint the elevation changes?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Sorry, i don't know that

But you could also RTM

Hi do you know how to create a steerpoint at a specific point from the bullseye?

One more, do you know why I set elevation in the waypoint but when I set it as streerpoint the elevation changes?

Some instructions are included in the BFT10 Practice mission but I'll replicate the steps here for other users:

1. Record the current time so you can calculate the DTOT if required.

Ensure you are displaying the CDU Offset Page on the right MFCD.

Check to ensure BULLSEYE is displayed. Correct if necessary.
  2. Using the CDU or the UFC, enter the numbers without spaces in the scratchpad.

Hit the appropriate key to lock in the coordinates.

Verify the entry is correct.

Sometimes it may be
    necessary to add a leading zero for the heading or distance coordinates.
  3. Select the number presented next to the question mark as your new waypoint.

Switch to the Waypoint Page and select the newly created waypoint.
  4. Using the CDU or the UFC, enter the elevation as indicated.

Hit the appropriate key to lock in the elevation.

Verify the number entered is correct.
  5. Finally, using the CDU or the UFC, enter your computed DTOT in the scratchpad.

Hit the appropriate key to lock in the DTOT.

Verify the number entered is correct.
  6. Now fly to the new Waypoint and use the Required Air Speed indication in the HUD to get there on time.

On the second question I suspect it's because the aircraft starts at a certain altitude above MSL and that difference is added to the elevation that you enter for the waypoint. I'm not certain though. This post talks about how to determine actual altitude. Maybe someone more knowledgeable in this area can clarify.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks. For the elevation I was referring to the fact that assigning to the waypoint I was expecting to see it in the carachteeristic of the steerpoint. Otherwise how can you know for each steerpoint what is the altitude you should be at?

Thanks. For the elevation I was referring to the fact that assigning to the waypoint I was expecting to see it in the carachteeristic of the steerpoint. Otherwise how can you know for each steerpoint what is the altitude you should be at?

Either you put the desired altitude in the CDU, or follow the preset altitude, unless it is set on the ground, then you can fly the altitude you want