Button boxes

You can always build your own, it's really easy. Just pull out the mainboard from an old joystick you have laying around or get one at a thrift store for $5 (I assume Bulgaria has second hand stores) find a suitable box. Electronics enclosures are nice for this then you can drill and mount rotaries and switches. Then wire each switch like it was wired in the old stick.

We could also strike up a deal and I could make you one if your interested.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can always build your own, it's really easy. Just pull out the mainboard from an old joystick you have laying around or get one at a thrift store for $5 (I assume Bulgaria has second hand stores) find a suitable box. Electronics enclosures are nice for this then you can drill and mount rotaries and switches. Then wire each switch like it was wired in the old stick.

We could also strike up a deal and I could make you one if your interested.

Well, I m time limited and prefer to spend this time in flying :) I have an old logitech force3d but never tought about converting it to button box.

If you can build me one, may be we can figure out something :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am about to build my own.

https://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=1271

Just got my switches in today. Going to have backlighting through laser etched acrylic. A rotary encoder on the face. Two 3 position rotary switches on top, with locking lever switches and regular switches. Sound like something you're interested in?

Edited by Braeden108

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I purchased two USB button boxes on eBay from "johnhyde04"

• PC Sim Racing USB 24 Switch Button Box Rotary Encoders IRacing rFactor2
  • BBJ Sim Racing PC USB 22 Switch Button Box iRacing Project CARS

I placed them in front of my Hotas Warthog throttle and program them directly from DCS settings.

The rotaries also are push buttons, so you can push them for one command (for example on/off) and rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise for increasing and decreasing values.

The flip switches do not stay in upper or lower positions, the return to the middle directly after being flipped.

In total this combination gave me 24 simple buttons (press & release), 6 rotary knobs with push function and 6 flip switches.

I probably will have a similar solution on the right side as well.

I'm quite happy with them both and can recommend them for anyone wanting simple USB button boxes with rotaries, push buttons and switches. I will likely buy 2 more to have on the right side as well and I will never, never run out of physical buttons ;-)

I fly in VR so physical switches work best for me :-) The only thing I'm missing are probably some lights (preferably green as the throttle has it already) ;-)

buttonbox3.jpg

buttonbox1.jpg

buttonbox2.jpg

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

I purchased two USB button boxes on eBay from "johnhyde04"

• PC Sim Racing USB 24 Switch Button Box Rotary Encoders IRacing rFactor2
  • BBJ Sim Racing PC USB 22 Switch Button Box iRacing Project CARS

I placed them in front of my Hotas Warthog throttle and program them directly from DCS settings.

The rotaries also are push buttons, so you can push them for one command (for example on/off) and rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise for increasing and decreasing values.

The flip switches do not stay in upper or lower positions, the return to the middle directly after being flipped.

In total this combination gave me 24 simple buttons (press & release), 6 rotary knobs with push function and 6 flip switches.

I probably will have a similar solution on the right side as well.

I'm quite happy with them both and can recommend them for anyone wanting simple USB button boxes with rotaries, push buttons and switches. I will likely buy 2 more to have on the right side as well and I will never, never run out of physical buttons ;-)

I fly in VR so physical switches work best for me :-) The only thing I'm missing are probably some lights (preferably green as the throttle has it already) ;-)

buttonbox3.jpg

buttonbox1.jpg

buttonbox2.jpg

I have the same one with the switches and I dont like the switches because are very clunky and as you say do not stay in upper or lower positions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same one with the switches and I dont like the switches because are very clunky and as you say do not stay in upper or lower positions.

Thing is that most racing games don't has much commands that allow use ON/OFF switches, they are made only for momentary press (toggle) commands.

So their button box need use (ON)-OF-(ON) switches.

You can made this "cluck" switches work more "soft" be add a cap increasing their length (e.g. 3D Print).

Edited by Sokol1_br

Thing is that most racing games don't has much commands that allow use ON/OFF switches, they are made only for momentary press (toggle) commands.

So their button box need use (ON)-OF-(ON) switches.

You can made this "cluck" switches work more "soft" be add a cap increasing their length (e.g. 3D Print).

It is true that not many games support the on-off, but wants Momentary switches instead.

In my CUB Box, we have made it possible for the on-off and the on-off-on switches to work as momentary switches. and also made it, so the user can program the switches as he likes, fx, you can get a On-Off switch to send the same key press when its turned on as when its turned off.

But you can also get it to send one key press on the On function, and a totally other keypress in the Off Function.... this way we made it possible for them to be On-On switches, and also On-Off.... and the same thing goes for the On-Off-On switches, they can also be On-On-On switches...

And you are able to pre program 4 settings that you can switch between, if the setup if different from plane to plane, or game to game :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Wow, that CUB features seems what flight simmers want. :thumbup:

But no option less "A-10'isth" for ones that just want a compact button box (VR Insight style)?

Like this: http://lynx.dk/product-category/products/flight-simulator-gear/f-16/f-16-switch-tops/

Edited by Sokol1_br

But no option less "A-10'isth" for ones that just want a compact button box (VR Insight style)?

Yes, you can choose whatever Engravings you want... by chosing Custom engraved Panels.

The top panels are easy to switch out... when you switch planes too.

The CUB itself comes without panels, then you choose whatever panel you want.... you can even choose transparent, and then print your own... which then can still be backlit.

http://lynx.dk/product-category/products/button-boxes/cub-panels/

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram