FPS Drop with Fraps

159th_Viper

Can someone pls explain process for capturing video with Fraps and then rendering with Sony Vegas to counter the inevitable FPS drop you get with Fraps - read somewhere that you capture at half-speed with Fraps and then speed up with Vegas but cannot seem to figure out how:music_whistling:

Do you hit Alt-A once,twice etc when capturing with Fraps? Apologies for mundane query, but new to vid editing and stumbling along...:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team

Hi there.

When recording with fraps, it takes a huge load on your cpu, thus resulting in the FPS drop. To get smooth fps while using fraps and lockon, just slow time down ONCE in lockon, by hitting ALT-A ONCE. Shift-A returns the game to normal speed. CTRL-A speeds it up.

So now that you have a fraps footage captured at half speed in lomac, at say, 25 fps, you now import this into vegas.

To speed it up, drag it on the timeline, right click the clip --------> properties, and where it says: "playback rate", increase this number from:

to

Now the clip will move at 50 fps and will look very smooth. :)

Thanx GA - much appreciated. BTW, great job on the BS vid - must add that the soundtrack ABSOLUTELY ROCKED:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got also problem with FRAPS and FPS but until I got ATI it was ok, FPS was not so bad during grab. But with NVIDIA it is pooor. I made now video with ingamerenderer but it takes toooo looong as KID ROCK singing :) In future I will prefer ATI.

One further query - how do you get the sound captured with the track to fit with the now sped-up recording? Once I change the playback setting I have "2" identical clips on the time-line, but one soundtrack - I then split the clips and delete one, but when I try and fit the soundtrack to the clip, no joy! Any hints...:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]