Opening Manual in Kneeboard

Wayc00lio

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can open the manual in the kneeboard?

TIA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

I do it in two stages:

a) The PDF manuals of DCS have page borders much too wide, so I print new PDFs with the margins cropped ... this is so the kneeboard images end up with larger text size.

b) Second, I use this utility to generate the custom kneeboard for each plane:

http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

This is how it looks like on the cabin:

kneeboard_s.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hey, thanks for the reply Rudel.

I'll give that a try :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Just use any of the free online pdf to png conventers. PNG is better as JPEG is less suitable for text. Next copy selected images to the "C:\Users\@YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\@ModuleName" for 1.5.x or "DCS.openalhpa" for 2.0.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I've downloaded the kneeboard builder, but every time I try to launch the app, it immediately crashes. I'm running Win 10 fully up to date. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated1

Right click the application icon and select run as administrator. I had this problem. You can make this change permanent in the application icon's properties.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just use any of the free online pdf to png conventers. PNG is better as JPEG is less suitable for text. Next copy selected images to the "C:\Users\@YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\@ModuleName" for 1.5.x or "DCS.openalhpa" for 2.0.

Thanks - I'll look at this too :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On second thought - I have to admit that the Kneeboard builder is great. I've just got it installed. Most of the things that it does could be done manually but the application really saves time and provides an easy to use, single panel to manage all of the kneebords.

I've downloaded the kneeboard builder, but every time I try to launch the app, it immediately crashes. I'm running Win 10 fully up to date. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated1

I would not run any app as Administrator as it really should not be required. Check if you have MS .Net 4.5 installed as the application requires it.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all