Skin not showing up in game... Need help

uscstaylor

Hey Guys

I have a plane that I'm using as a private mod. I made skins for it and have them in the folder Liveries but when I go in game to see them the plane shows up in the small window with its original skin but my 2 skins names are blank and I click on small window where you would pick the skins and nothing no drop down, even the original skin is not there just a blank window.

The skin that is showing in game is in a zipped file in the textures folder but I cant get the other 2 skins to work. I never had a problem before with skins. Should I take the zipped file out or is there a line missing somewhere. I checked the Lau file for the plane and it has Liveries in the lau file but no joy on the skins in game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Although you didn't tell us where you put the Liveries or what the details were, which would help, there are a number of locations liveries can go and none of them need to be in a zip. Liveries are most easily dealt with in the saved games area of your user profile and the modname.lua should declare that path at the begining.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I use Notepad ++

The liveries are in the Liveries folder of the aircraft and the lau states in the top the liveries path.

Not sure why only the zipped file is showing up in the textures folder, cause the aircraft lau states Liveries.

Stone I placed USA in for the country for the Livery description file, but what is ME stand for. If its mission editor. I created a test mission just to test this skin and Im almost certain I put in USA as country for aircraft. Like I stated the aircraft is showing up in ME but you don't see a name in the drop down its blank. I can use the skin assigned in the test mission. Im trying to use this aircraft. If you don't mind can I send you the aircraft in question along with my skin folders.

Edited by uscstaylor

Yeah meant mission editor sorry. Getting lazy in my dotage. If you want me to have a look that's fine just PM the link but as I told Hawkeye for his releases I'm going to be slow getting to it as I'm up to my neck in house renovations (as usual when I have more than a week of leave..........hmmm bad habit doing that to myself but I think the saying "happy wife happy life" applies)

Don't Duh yourself, the majority of things like this come down to not naming something or typing it wrong. We've all done it and it's part of the creative process. I can tell you a story of someone who had a typo in code due to a similar looking ASCII character replacing the true one. The code was thousands of lines long and he spent months pouring over it. Months, I questioned him in the bar and he verified that the level of effort was extreme beyond our puny errors. In the end he found it as there is actually a tool out there that can scan for things like unusual characters.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Steps to make skins work?

well, i already got the pack fa model and cockpit that il be using on my mod, in 3dx max the model look sgreat with all the chemes and cockpit detail ex, i hit edmtool,then click on the pak fa model and then i hit make cool in edm ,then i export EDM, pak fa edm exports fine but in game it does not come up,anothing thing i dont see no folder with its skins or textures,edm exporter does not make those or do i have to manually get them and add them?

• 7 years later...

Hey everyone, I've been having the same issue the last couple days with the F-16C Thunderbird skin. I have tried putting the files in the folder they should be in, in the Saved Games...etc. The list shows up in DCS World, but the skins are not being rendered when selected. Why is this? I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

I even edited the description, and added USA to the country list. It only showed JPN, I think. Please help. I've done everything I could possibly think of that makes sense.

Edited by Ladan

3 hours ago, Ladan said:

Hey everyone, I've been having the same issue the last couple days with the F-16C Thunderbird skin. I have tried putting the files in the folder they should be in, in the Saved Games...etc. The list shows up in DCS World, but the skins are not being rendered when selected. Why is this? I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

I even edited the description, and added USA to the country list. It only showed JPN, I think. Please help. I've done everything I could possibly think of that makes sense.

May be you chosse bad F-16C ?

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

56 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

May be you chosse bad F-16C ?

Hi @Morpheus . I finally figured it out this afternoon. It was because I hadn't selected the F-16C in ME on the drop down list at the right. It wasn't like this before. The latest updates must have changed this.