New version of training missions

baltic_dragon

• 7 months later...
Are these missions (new) still available and or working?

The tutorials in game as they are now are not helping me at all.

I just cant understand what the instructor is saying. Is he Irish?

Are the (new) downloadable missions in English?

Which version of DCS are you running?

The instructor has a French accent (on purpose!) :) It's quite easy to understand IMHO, no difficulty at all here. Perhaps you just need a bit of training and it should click in after a while. In any case there are subtitles.

I've recently tried a few of those missions in latests 1.5.7 and they're fine, except the features that were never put in the aircraft (for ex. RD in mission 3, see the thread about that). It's usually minor and doesn't break the mission.

It's true that we could do with an update of the pilot manual, that would definitely help! But the training missions and the campaign do a great job of going through all the functionalities, so they are very helpful.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

I tried again mission 06 in DCS 1.5.8.12265.407.

When it comes to the Magic missiles, I repeated this two times, same outcome:

- I'm in range, master arm is on, Magic missiles are ready, I have the shoot on the hud, I'm almost at the target's six

- the missile launches but goes straight ahead and explodes a few seconds later, does not follow the target.

I'm taking down the two targets with the gun, but I get no message to continue to the next step.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure I did this mission without any problem a few months ago.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

- I'm in range, master arm is on, Magic missiles are ready, I have the shoot on the hud, I'm almost at the target's six

- the missile launches but goes straight ahead and explodes a few seconds later, does not follow the target.

I'm taking down the two targets with the gun, but I get no message to continue to the next step.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure I did this mission without any problem a few months ago.

Did you get the lock tone before firing the missiles ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I just cant understand what the instructor is saying. Is he Irish?

:lol::D

French i suppose ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Did you slave the magic to the radar cue ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Did you get the lock tone before firing the missiles ?

No, that was bothering me.

Did you slave the magic to the radar cue ?

I didn't... was it necessary before? :ermm: Obviously I need to try again with that, thanks!

Thanks all! That's what I wasn't doing properly, I guess this was not completely modelled last time I tried, which is long ago.

The mission is still stuck at this stage, however, perhaps it was the last part but I thought there was a last target for the cannon, strange.