1. 1. At your disposal...

• Laptop 1 (x1600, XP...)
    • Laptop 2 (x1400, vista...)

Hi.

Last week I bought a laptop with the following specs:

Core duo 2GHZ (32bits, 667Hz)

1024Mb RAM

XP

Ati x1600 256Mb DDR2 (more or less 3500 at 3dmark05)

I still have the opportunity of returning this lappy and exchanging it for another one, with almost same price but with different specs:

Core duo 2, at 2,13 ghz (64bits, 667Hz)

2048Mb RAM

Vista

Ati x1400 256mb ddr2 (more lor less 2600 at 3dmark05)

which one will run lock on better??

sorry i made an error... this is truth: x1600 gives around 4000 at 3dmark05, being equal or better than desktop 6600gt

1.- still getting better fps with 2 laptop?

2.- how many fps are we talking about? 10 or so?

3.- and in most games which one will run better?

4.- it comes with xp, but a free thing that lets you receive vista for free in the moment it is released. Is that better for lock on?

if you answer this questions, i promise studying filosofy this afternoon:book: (which is quie boring) :smartass:

thanks

Well,Selu,when buying PC's always remember the only fact (a one guy told me several years ago)-All game lagging is caused primarily by low amount of RAM.At your present configuration you're about to achieve a really reasonable Lock On performance,but 2048 RAM will give you a real advantage in future gaming,when games will be more requiring in graphics.As for correct figure of FPS,I don't know,but 2048 RAM will certainly do the thing.Moreover,all lap-tops usually have motherboard integrated VGA's,that means,they pump 256 MB (in your case) from your general amount of RAM,and in reality you have about 700 RAM instead of 1024 shown in specs.If you change you'll get extra plus 1024 RAM and about 1700 in total,so the figures speak for themselves.I advice you to exchange,definately.

ive tried there:thumbup: . they tell me to post it here. look for "x1600 and lock on" thread

well, bot graphics cards have independent memory, nothing to do with RAM:P

but, in most games, dont you think laptop 1 is better??

but in lock on, laptop 2 is better:lol: ... seems like simulators take more advantage of CPU rather than graphics card!!

Eagle;259258']Well' date='Selu,when buying PC's always remember the only fact (a one guy told me several years ago)-All game lagging is caused primarily by low amount of RAM.At your present configuration you're about to achieve a really reasonable Lock On performance,but 2048 RAM will give you a real advantage in future gaming,when games will be more requiring in graphics.As for correct figure of FPS,I don't know,but 2048 RAM will certainly do the thing.Moreover,all lap-tops usually have motherboard integrated VGA's,that means,they pump 256 MB (in your case) from your general amount of RAM,and in reality you have about 700 RAM instead of 1024 shown in specs.If you change you'll get extra plus 1024 RAM and about 1700 in total,so the figures speak for themselves.I advice you to exchange,definately.[/quote']

I challenge you to run Lomac better on a 2GHz with 2048Mb RAM than a 3GHz with 1024Mb RAM ;)

I hate to call it into question, but out of interest how much performance testing have you done with Lomac on the RAM front? :)

Hi.

Last week I bought a laptop with the following specs:

Core duo 2GHZ (32bits, 667Hz)

1024Mb RAM

XP

Ati x1600 256Mb DDR2 (more or less 3500 at 3dmark05)

I still have the opportunity of returning this lappy and exchanging it for another one, with almost same price but with different specs:

Core duo 2, at 2,13 ghz (64bits, 667Hz)

2048Mb RAM

Vista

Ati x1400 256mb ddr2 (more lor less 2600 at 3dmark05)

which one will run lock on better??

Vista needs double the amount of Ram of XP for doing the same stuff.

(count 2048Mb Ram as the minimum anyway for Vista)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |