Performance sucks....

kaboki

• ED Team
If DCS had "presets" I could change on the fly I may have bothered with tweaking settings(but there is a limit on how much 2006'ish I want the sim too look), wich I don't need help with BTW. But it is so annying having to change settings everytime I want to jump into the mig 21 and also have to remember what it was, so I don't want to bother with it+the graphics look like shit after tweaking. It's much more convinient for me and leave the settings like it is and enjoy ALL my other modules instead than have to worry about changing settings everytime I jump into the mig 21.

Nah, unless performance improve, I'll leave the mig in the hangar catching dust and forget that a company called LNS even existed...

I agree that the specs of your computer are decent enough. That's why I said, post up your settings, maybe there is something you can adjust that you havent thought of that might not hurt your other modules and help the MiG. But maybe take a moment, walk away from the thread, and come back tomorrow. Everyone is amped up now, and I dont want to moderate this thread, it doesnt help anyone with these problems.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I recently updated and started playing again after a long break, and I set the graphics settings to highest after updating. This was performing like complete crap, 20fps sitting on the tarmac despite the fact i have a Titan X and normally get good performance. The mig21 generally is a bit slower than other modules as well.

Anyway, the straw that was breaking the camels back was the 8x msaa that the highest setting enables Turn that down to 2x or 4x because it nukes performance into the ground, even on my 12gb card.

After I turned that down to 4x I went back to 144 fps with gsync in the air (at least I think I was getting full gsync speed if I remember, either way the framerate was fantastic). The ground has a tendency to dip quite a bit in airports, and Mirrors can be a big hit on the ground especially, I just turn them off till I'm in the air because coming down below 60fps makes trackir feel like crap.

Don't sweat the "it's your computer suggestions", that's just people being people. CPUs have been so stagnant in development for years there is hardly any difference. I have a 4770k myself and when I looked at the CPU charts this month thinking of upgrading there is almost no performance improvement to be had with the newest CPUs in a gaming situation. Content creation like video encoding quite a bit, but little to no gaming benefit. Ram is cheap though so definitely update to 16 gigs of ram if you can.

Edited by FeistyLemur

Noone denies that MiG is somewhat more resource heavy than other modules, it's been known for that, just like Mi-8 for example. But stating that one has to crank down settings from max to low to get comparable performance is just not true, simple as that.

I play DCS on old (by today's standards) GTX780, with mostly high settings, aiming at constant 60 fps on my 1200p monitor, and with exception of a few weird cases (cold start missions on both Caucasus and Nevada) the MiG does that, like other modules I own, on the same settings. I suppose the difference might be more noticeable at higher resolutions, but still...

I do run my 4670K at 4.2 GHz though. Maybe the MiG is more CPU-dependent, I don't know. Whether You guys, Kaboki and Ac5, intend to fly the MiG or not, You could (and should) get these CPUs of Yours well above 4 GHz, because at 3.5, they're bottlenecking the powerful gfx cards You own.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Anyway, the straw that was breaking the camels back was the 8x msaa that setting enables Turn that down to 2x or 4x because it nukes performance into the ground, even on my 12gb card.

After I turned that down to 4x I went back to 144 fps with gsync in the air. The ground has a tendency to dip a bit in airports, and Mirrors can be a big hit on the ground especially, I just turn them off till I'm in the air.

Yeah, problem is, I cant't stand shimmering, it hurt my eyes, makes my brain wanna explode and my mood turns too ,turning down AA is the last thing I want too do, heck I even run DSR x2.25 to smooth the edges even moore...

Tried lowering shadows, too, but they are so ugly on medium, I cant stand it, infact, I cant make myself lowering anything, hence I just do the most simple tweak of all, I don't fly the Mig 21 anymore, a shame really, because I love the plane, it's history and that it is a 3rd gen fighter. So guys, you really cant help me, really. Only ones who can is LNS, but they don't seem to want to improve it, well what can i do.... Only thing I can do is to use the modules that work for me, and leave the others. Im sure gonna research the modules I buy from now on so I don't get more of these performance killer modules..

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 profanity

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

• ED Team
Yeah, problem is, I cant't stand shimmering, it hurt my eyes, makes my brain wanna explode and my mood turns too shit,turning down AA is the last thing I want too do, heck I even run DSR x2.25 to smooth the edges even moore...

Tried lowering shadows, too, but they are so ugly on medium, I cant stand it, infact, I cant make myself lowering anything, hence I just do the most simple tweak of all, I don't fly the Mig 21 anymore, a shame really, because I love the plane, it's history and that it is a 3rd gen fighter. So guys, you really cant help me, really. Only ones who can is LNS, but they don't seem to want to improve it, well what can i do.... Only thing I can do is to use the modules that work for me, and leave the others. Im sure gonna research the modules I buy from now on so I don't get more of these performance killer modules..

Fair enough, you dont want to drop your settings, but LNS pushes the envelope on these 3D models, so maybe if you get to a point where you can upgrade, you will appreciate it more, then maybe you can revisit. Seems like this is just pretty much run its course. Perhaps try reaching out to LNS support if you need more help.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png