Not avaiable "pre-contact" at 1.56 in air refueling

k-middlegear

Are you close enough to the tanker?

It should be available when pretty close to the tanker.

I had a similar troublesome experience.

Especially annoying when breaking off to prevent a collision and you have to creep close again, hold position, fiddle with the damn comms and all in parallel...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 9 months later...
Are you close enough to the tanker?

Especially annoying when breaking off to prevent a collision and you have to creep close again, hold position, fiddle with the damn comms and all in parallel...

How Close is Close Enough ?

I have yet to refuel ANY aircraft yet but would like to create a Single Player Training Mission with the Harrier. However, I have No Idea how to make the Course/Track for a Tanker, nor the distance between turns; it's recommended speed; altitude (20,000 ft ?) and more importantly, how to get the tanker to continue on the same orbit until it needs to land to refuel ?

BTW - I have had VAC for a couple years and have yet to use it.

Based on your last comment re: Comms and Flight ... I think this will be a great time to start figuring it out so I can Voice Command my Comms to come up and to do all the selections. I'm sure this will not only be more realistic but will prevent those annoying and difficult Comms Selections when trying to fly very accurately !!

SnowTiger:joystick:

Thank you kindly friend.

I appreciate the effort that is required to create even some of the simplest missions, let alone any mission with multiple aircraft and/or triggers or even worse, script.

I did start making missions in DCSW 1.2 (with some skilled help from Do0om) but when 1.5 came out, my missions crapped out such that even my help couldn't figure it out. With continued updates that often appear to wreak havoc on previously-created missions for even the best mission creators, I have sadly ignored the ME now for quite some time.

But still you are correct, I should at least "dabble" to have a minimal of ability with the ME.

Thanks again.

SnowTiger:joystick: