Restrict weapons for ships?

Spades_Neil

Not that I know of. I added a feature request to the issues tracker recently in hopes to rectify it. Currently ROE controls behavior over all weapons types for offensive and defensive action. It is a little frustrating to allow a ship to defend itself while also launching an extremely long range anti-ship missile at a target it sees. Hopefully with the Viggen now out and the Hornet on the way ED will be making some changes for ship behavior.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

It would involve cutting parts out of the core lua files in your install. If you are happy with that, go to the shipname.lua, look for the commented sections under weapon systems and identify the pieces to remove. There's not a native way to do it but you can do it nonetheless if you really want to. I modified a Resky to shoot SA3 (SA-N-1) and call it a Kashin and I don;t write lua, i just butcher other peoples great work.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 years later...

Searching the forum on exactly the same question, happy having found this. I think I understand that it currently is not possible set up an ship in a way to allow it to defend against incoming anti-ship missiles (by either missiles or CIWS) but to deny it shooting an anti-ship missile itself against the attacker (or a tomahawk against a Silkworm). Is that correct?

That leads to me to a follow on:

What does the ROE „RETURN FIRE“ really mean? What does it allow or deny the ship to do and what are the triggers (conditions) that lead to it „attacking“ or „defending“?

Not that I know of. I added a feature request to the issues tracker recently in hopes to rectify it. Currently ROE controls behavior over all weapons types for offensive and defensive action. It is a little frustrating to allow a ship to defend itself while also launching an extremely long range anti-ship missile at a target it sees. Hopefully with the Viggen now out and the Hornet on the way ED will be making some changes for ship behavior.

Other point, ED need add "weapons" customisation on arsenals as the Ticonderoga, O.H. Perry and future Burke. And of course, add the "missing" weapons.

Some examples:

Arleig Burke:

https://influenceofhistory.blogspot.com/2018/06/missile-loadouts-arleigh-burke-1991-2018.html

Ticonderoga:

https://influenceofhistory.blogspot.com/2018/01/missile-loadouts-ticonderoga-class-1983.html

• 1 year later...

I am recreating the missions on A-10 Cuba and since there aren't really that many shops to use, I would like to have one of the existing ones without it using its missiles. Is there something to customize its weapon use implemented already?

• 1 month later...

Thanks @Pikey, no I mean to disable surface to air missiles but keep the guns. I have just enabled the immortal setting in my mission and let the ships fire their missiles freely. Even their guns are a bit too deadly for what I want so I'll just leave it at that until someone has created the perfect ship for this mission I have.

16 minutes ago, TheEscapist___ said:

Thanks @Pikey, no I mean to disable surface to air missiles but keep the guns. I have just enabled the immortal setting in my mission and let the ships fire their missiles freely. Even their guns are a bit too deadly for what I want so I'll just leave it at that until someone has created the perfect ship for this mission I have.

In addition to my 2017 answer you could theoretically delete all missiles launched after firing. Just not before it happens or by any other means though.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 month later...

Thanks, the anti shipping missiles is also a bit too powerful, the player needs to at least have a chance of destroying the 4 attacking ships with A-10A's before they destroy the 4 incoming cargo ships.

I have settled on the Samuel Chase, the green tracer guns are similar to what I want for guns, they do damage but still manageable. They don't have heat seekers for defense but they do have red tracer guns which is sort of a compromise, I would still prefer Igla type missiles fired rarely with ZSU-23 like guns. The Samuel Chase also doesn't look like the ship I want (needs to be bigger with a helipad at the back) but at least it gives the experience I am aiming for. It can also destroy the 4 incoming cargo ships if the player doesn't intervene, but takes long enough with it's canons to give the player a chance.

I know the ship I am describing probably does not exist in the real world.