Aircraft placement and usage help please

GunnyCook

Hi, i would greatly appreciate some help in the mission editor,

i need to know how to place A\C on the map so they sit at an airfield waiting be called upon by the commander as an when required.

I have looked in the manual but its explanations of how to use this add-on are somewhat limited.

Thanks in advance

S!

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

This requires a few steps.

First of all, you plan your A/C mission as usual, only that you tick the checkbox saying 'Late Activation'. This stops them from executing the mission.

Next you go the triggers tab. You need two triggers. One for example set to '4 Start Mission'. The Action is 'Radio Add Item'. Put in whatever text you need (e.g. 'Go, speed bombers, go'). This makes the option show up in the radio F10 menu.

A second trigger sets the planes on the go. Type '1 Once', condition 'Flag is true', set the number here to the same number as you did in the previous trigger action. Finally, the action should be 'Group Activate'.

Now when you go through the radio menu and select the item, your planes will appear and execute their preplanned mission.

P.S.:

Sorry, I think I misread, you of course want them to stand there waiting. That requires one more step.

Instead of selecting 'Late Activation' you can use 'Uncontrolled', that makes them appear in place from the start, but they'll be inactive. The extra step is to go the formations' 'Triggered Actions' tab (sort of next to the payload selector) and add the action 'Start' from the 'Perform Command' list.

At last the trigger you need to make them go isn't 'Group Activate' anymore but 'AI Task Set'. That has a dropdown menu from which you can select the proper groups' start action.

Edited by Kang
Addition

thanks, i will give this a go :)

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

I should know this, but I think all you need to do is put the a/c at an airfield or FARP and set it to Start On Ramp and check the Uncontrolled box. I think that is all you have to do, to be able to control the a/c from a Game Master or Tactical Commander slot.

You could give the Uncontrolled a/c a route and a Triggered Action to Start, and it will then go to where you set it to once you give it the Start command.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

thanks, will try that if i can get the game to see the mission folders..........