Logitech game controller makes nice HOTAS acessory

I find that using a PC game controller is a fantastic addition to my setup. You can use the joysticks for the TGP on the A-10, or for practically anything else. You also get a bunch of nice, color coded buttons to use. I have got a lot of use out of mine, and I am not sure how many others have thought of using this particular method.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

Good idea! I'll look into this.

I find that using a PC game controller is a fantastic addition to my setup. You can use the joysticks for the TGP on the A-10, or for practically anything else. You also get a bunch of nice, color coded buttons to use. I have got a lot of use out of mine, and I am not sure how many others have thought of using this particular method.

If we could only replace the slew control with a similar stick :)

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I am willing to work on that.

I don't have a warthog but if I could get detailed teardown pictures we could definitely get the ball rolling here. I dropped a PS3 thumb stick into my T-flight HOTAS it was a very invasive process but it works semi well. I'm about to experiment with a pressure sensitive joystick however. I think this will work better.

I've also been thinking about making custom backlit panels to replace the ones on the warthog. Or replace the switches on there with more accurate ones (though they're $30 a switch so you be the judge.)

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I cant believe no one has been able to produce a drop in $30 mod for the warthog throttle to improve its slew.

Probable because original "slew" is a kind of tablet/smartphone cursor and works on I2C (?) protocol, and throttle controller circuit don't provide extra axes inputs to plug for example a analog thumbstick like gamepads, the only viable alternative for "$30 mod".

There's the issue that due physical size of thumbsticks the MOD will not result "drop in" and probable require physical modification in throttle body, for what many of TmW owners don't has skill (and tools). See the cases of people that damage controller/cables/connections done that famous gimbal re-grease. :joystick:

Edited by Sokol1_br

throttle controller circuit don't provide extra axes inputs to plug for example a analog thumbstick like gamepads, the only viable alternative for "$30 mod".

QUOTE]

Yeah there's the problem with the whole thing. You have to have axies to run the slew. Of course, you could just run the slew with a separate board that sits inside the Warthog. Additionally, while analog joysticks take up a lot of space strain joysticks do not. And the Warthog is modeled after the real deal which uses a slew controller. So I figure there should be space. But it comes down to the ability of the modder.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]