AI releasing RB15s = Dead AI

ward8124

Hey guys, done a few searches looking for this issue I've been seeing in my missions. I can replicate it everytime and have changed a number of things in the mission editor including BX points and the RB15 properties.

Basically I have 4 ship flight including myself but with 3AI all loaded with RB15s and pre-set BX points. When I get to my release point I arm and fire with no issues however when I direct the flight to engage the ships, they split off and get really close to the ships and when they do eventually release their RB15s, the RB15 kind of floats off their rails underneath and explode and therefore killing the AI too.

Am I doing something wrong or is this known behaviour?

Regards

Ward8124 -=Shrek69=-

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Did you have them use the Rb15's for AI? There are two versions for the Rb04 and Rb15, one for players and one for AI.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Did you have them use the Rb15's for AI? There are two versions for the Rb04 and Rb15, one for players and one for AI.

Are the AI specific weapons a temporary solution or is this the final implementation? From a mission building point of view, having different weapons for the AI is not very convenient.

@Ragnar they were indeed RB15s so that we can launch and bug out from great distance. Reason being is the mission is time sensitive so if we are launching RB-4s then we will be closer to target and closer to the inbound enemy! So are we saying that AI can NOT use RB15s until otherwise informed and patched?

Congrats on the module BTW - been a very long time since I've this enthusiastic about a module!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

@Ragnar they were indeed RB15s so that we can launch and bug out from great distance. Reason being is the mission is time sensitive so if we are launching RB-4s then we will be closer to target and closer to the inbound enemy! So are we saying that AI can NOT use RB15s until otherwise informed and patched?

Congrats on the module BTW - been a very long time since I've this enthusiastic about a module!

no

There are two versions of the RB15 and RB04

One is labeled only RB 15 one is labeled with RB 15 for AI

make sure you use the RB 15 labeled with for AI

Are the AI specific weapons a temporary solution or is this the final implementation? From a mission building point of view, having different weapons for the AI is not very convenient.

Hopefully temporary

Thank you! It gives me pleasure knowing that people get enjoyment out of all that hard work!

About the Rb15s: when you are in the mission editor, select your flight and then select your wingmans plane by clicking the arrow by the "1 of 2" airplanes in the group. Select the loadout view and then click on your wingmans Rb15. In the weapons list select "Rb15 (for AI)" or something similar. Do this for both stations and all the AI-wingmen in your flight. Hopefully this will help.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thanks Ragnar I'll give that a test now!

Please to report the issue has been found. Out of interested, anyway of getting the AI to fire both missiles instead of just the one?