A new GCICAP module

FlightControl

A big thanks for doing this, i've been wanting to dive into Moose for a while, but this has forced me to learn the basics and i love it. I'm sure there will be a few questions along the way, but so far things are working. :)

If only ED could give you and Mbot a job, working together i'm sure you could accomplish magic.

I have been trying to do exactly that. But somehow I just can't find the correct spawning parameters to get the planes on the carrier spawned and not destroying itself. I will do once again a search why planes are crashing on carriers. You can however spawn them "in the air" above the carriers.

On my question on the AWACS and TANKERS, I wanted to understand your "requirement" regarding these planes. Because Moose can do a lot in governing respawning at airbases and restart them automatically.

So this statement:

TankerSpawn = SPAWN
 :New( "Tanker" )
 :InitLimit( 1, 4 ) -- 1 tanker live at the same time, 4 tankers in stock.
 :InitRepeat() -- Launch a new Tanker when the Tanker is destroyed.
 :SpawnScheduled( 300, 0.5 ) -- Check for a new Tanker every 300 seconds, with a 50% time variation (so between 150 and 450 seconds).

You need to set the Tanker route and the orbiting points in the mission.

TankerSpawn = SPAWN
 :New( "Tanker" )
 :InitLimit( 1, 4 ) -- 1 tanker live at the same time, 4 tankers in stock.
 :InitRepeat() -- Launch a new Tanker when the Tanker is destroyed.
 :InitRandomizeRoute( 1, 1, 40000 ) -- This randomizes the routes from the second route point till the last - 1 waypoint with a radius of 40000 meters.
  :SpawnScheduled( 300, 0.5 ) -- Check for a new Tanker every 300  seconds, with a 50% time variation (so between 150 and 450 seconds).

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/Spawn.html#SPAWN

Nice now my mission is running completely on mission editor and moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Could anybody Please give me a hint how to enforce 2ship flights. So far every Flight i can create is a solo flight. Thanks.

Hi SNAFU,

This is the documentation.

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/AI_A2A_Dispatcher.html#AI_A2A_GCICAP

There are 2 methods I think you are looking for:

1. AI_A2A_DISPATCHER:SetDefaultOverhead(Overhead)

2. AI_A2A_DISPATCHER:SetSquadronOverhead(SquadronName, Overhead)

The first defines for all the squadrons you have setup the overhead.

The latter allows you to define a specific overhead for a specific squadron.

Note that you can "randomize" the overhead, by making a scheduler and at regular intervals call one of these methods and select a overhead from 1 to 4.

Does that help?

FC

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I understood the Overhead differently from the description. Can I enforce 2 ship CAPs and GCI flights die example in combat spread with this function? I always had independently operating single ships in the CAP zones whatever the Setting.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I understood the Overhead differently from the description. Can I enforce 2 ship CAPs and GCI flights die example in combat spread with this function? I always had independently operating single ships in the CAP zones whatever the Setting.

I have read your sentence a couple of times, but have a hard time to clearly understand what you wanna say, the words are mixed.

Let me try to explain a bit further. Forget about Overhead for a minute.

There is a distinction in how the module handles CAP and how it handles GCI.

CAP

CAP lets planes get airborne in a zone. CAP is time driven, meaning, it monitors at specified times, if there is sufficient CAP in the air, and if not, it lets CAP spawn. You can specify how many CAP you wanna SPAWN.

There are 2 methods that influence CAP. And I think this is not well explained in the documentation, so that is maybe an area of improvement on my part.

1. GCICAP has a method called SetSquadronCapInterval... This allows to specify how many CAP (not planes, but CAP), and between how many seconds it needs to check if a new CAP is required to be spawned.

2. GCICAP has also a method called SetSquadronGrouping ... This will specify in the case of CAP, how many planes will spawn in one CAP spawn. These planes will form a group. So, you spawn 1 plane to 4 planes for CAP.

GCI

GCI is event driven. It will kick in when there aren't enough planes airborne to defend from intruders. That is where the SetSquadronOverhead comes in. It specifies how much overhead will be assumed in case of intruders. SetSquadronGrouping will "group" the spawned defenses in "groups".

So, I hope that this answers a bit your question.

FC

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Thanks for the replies. Now I am home at a keyboard again, without build in german grammar correction of my mobile...

I am looking for the SetQuadronGrouping and will try this. From the description I understood this function deals single-ship flights as group for tasking, but not from formation point of view. But your description clarifies it and I will try this. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Thanks for the replies. Now I am home at a keyboard again, without build in german grammar correction of my mobile...

I am looking for the SetQuadronGrouping and will try this. From the description I understood this function deals single-ship flights as group for tasking, but not from formation point of view. But your description clarifies it and I will try this. Thanks.

Excellent. Let us know how it goes. A satisfied customer is a good customer :-)

Once you got CAP working, we can look into auto refuel in air of the CAP AI.

Sven

[/TABLE]

• 5 months later...

Im having the same issue as SNAFU. I'm attempting to set up a GCICAP spawning Pairs. No luck.

this is my code:

-- Red Air

A2A_GCICAP_Red = AI_A2A_GCICAP:NewWithBorder( "Red AD", "Red Sq", "Border Red", "Red CAP", 2 )

A2A_GCICAP_Red:SetSquadronGrouping( "Red Sq", 2 )

Thats it. Nothing more. Still spawns singletons.

I have 4 Red Sq defined in ME and the are Red Sq1 thru 4. So I have tried "Red Sq 1" in the set groupong line to see if it was specific. Still Singles. I'm sure I'm missing something PAINFULLY obvious, but being a LUA noob, I cant quite wrap my head around what more its asking for.

• 7 months later...
Im having the same issue as SNAFU. I'm attempting to set up a GCICAP spawning Pairs. No luck.

this is my code:

-- Red Air

A2A_GCICAP_Red = AI_A2A_GCICAP:NewWithBorder( "Red AD", "Red Sq", "Border Red", "Red CAP", 2 )

A2A_GCICAP_Red:SetSquadronGrouping( "Red Sq", 2 )

Thats it. Nothing more. Still spawns singletons.

I have 4 Red Sq defined in ME and the are Red Sq1 thru 4. So I have tried "Red Sq 1" in the set groupong line to see if it was specific. Still Singles. I'm sure I'm missing something PAINFULLY obvious, but being a LUA noob, I cant quite wrap my head around what more its asking for.

Same problem here, any tip?