Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

How impressive is DCS World 2 using VR (Oculus/Vive)

kingneptune117

I run 980ti in my pc. I'm not running the game on ultra, but i'm not a the lowest setting either. Running 45-50fps most of the time with asw off. Single player only, so i can't comment for mp.

Only time i drop under 45fps is on the ground with a lot of mouvement around me...

the same for me ...

no almost everything on low or medium

SS on 1.4 and AWS not on AUTO --> but on FORCE45

it's OK at 45 FPS all the time ; and more confortable

you can see my config in my sig ...

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

Also 980Ti I'm currently getting good FPS in Normandy with Gazelle and Huey in single player with the following

AF @ 4 (only since the latest update previously off)

AA @ 2 (only since the latest update previously off)

textures high

Terrain textures high

Shadows flat

PD @ 1.1

range @ medium

HDR off

Deferred Shading off

Clutter Grass @150

Tree Visibility ~5000

Perload ~25000

You'll need to tweak your settings to get good FPS and reasonable results until the code is optimized however for me it looks better than 2.0.x in VR Single player.

But it will get better I'm just loath to upgrade my graphics as I expect 11xx soonish

Also keep in mind CPU largely does more for DCS so if you can OC your rig you will likely get better performance currently.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Also 980Ti I'm currently getting good FPS in Normandy with Gazelle and Huey in single player with the following

AF @ 4 (only since the latest update previously off)

AA @ 2 (only since the latest update previously off)

textures high

Terrain textures high

Frag try runninig Terrain Textures low and see how your performance goes. I got a nice boost and there is no noticeable difference in the textures in VR.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Frag try runninig Terrain Textures low and see how your performance goes. I got a nice boost and there is no noticeable difference in the textures in VR.

Yes I saw that will give it ago when I get back into town, cheers. :thumbup:

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

@ VampireNZ

Agree way smoooother in Normandy, also generally textures looked better (still cartoony but fine for now) and I can't really notice any difference in terrain visuals except maybe faster load times also there seems to be less beat patterning with pixels on edges (only running AA @ 2 AF @ 4, 980TX).

Perhaps High Terrain textures was over egging it for Rift.

In fact I think I need to do some more testing with the Gazelle. :thumbup: