Sorry I couldn't use good skins. Almost all of the goods ones for the PAF are on a Do Not Distribute license.

If anyone can point me to a quick tutorial on how to make skins... I might just make my own.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Afghan Bear Trap have been uploaded at the user files section and is just waiting to get activated.

It is quite a difficult campaign with mixed generations of aricrafts, insurgents who would shoot you out of the sky without warning, missiles being shot at planes that don't even have an RWR (or countermeasures). It is very lopsided for both sides. It isn't for the faint of heart.... literally... I myself jolted almost out of my seat at least twice during testing because of attacks I didn't see coming.

A temporary version of the campaign engine was used because of the Helos and FARPs. But those features would be included the next version release. You can just switch over using the path.bat file.

hey is there ANY WAY you can help me install this on my comp

I always seeem to have probs, ones usually p80 or miguel can fix. I never did get to fly the f86 or p51 campaign and the new system I cant... I cant get it

Ill even throw ya a donation man.. if you have the time

hey is there ANY WAY you can help me install this on my comp

I always seeem to have probs, ones usually p80 or miguel can fix. I never did get to fly the f86 or p51 campaign and the new system I cant... I cant get it

Ill even throw ya a donation man.. if you have the time

Hi Sublime, I can sure give it a try. After unzipping everything as instructed. Then send me 2 screenshots like those in the attached images. Make sure to inlcude the address bar, that's very important.

1. The folder where the Scriptsmod.20.38.01_S-AW is located

2. Your DCS folder

Then I'll make you a path.bat file that you can use.

Edit: Theres no need for a donation. If you have Microsoft teams, I can give you a call and walk you through. So you can install as many campaigns as you want with confidence that it would work.

1963996309_DCEAddress.JPG.20086ac93ac26e962c669c94ebf9a072.JPG

1617610063_DCSPath.JPG.0e6f58bd6a7ac990b336648389b7707f.JPG

Edited by Eagle_01

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

hello eagle 01, After unzipping everything as shown, I cannot modify the path.bat file correctly. I am sending you the images of the screenshots of my installation. could you please create the correct one for me path.bat file thank you

20081703163725297316968881.png

20081703163725297316968882.png

Edited by damienntrix

hello eagle 01, After unzipping everything as shown, I cannot modify the path.bat file correctly. I am sending you the images of the screenshots of my installation. could you please create the correct one for me path.bat file thank you

20081703163725297316968881.png

20081703163725297316968882.png

Hi dameinntrix, Try this. Just unzip the file since the forum wouldn't allow me to upload a file with .bat as an extension.

I wasn't sure if there was a space between DCS and World, but I put a space in the file.

path.zip

I put your path.bat file (there is a space in DCS world) but when I leave the campaign "Afghan Bear Trap - Ka-50" I have the following error message:

20081703394225297316968889.png

hi damienntrix, were you able to run FirstMission.bat? I just want to check if if the new path.bat is finding your saved games folder. I'm concerned about the way saved games is spelled with a special character.

Edit: I just noticed the screenshot has the path to use.

Could you please replace "Parties Enregistees" with "Saved Games" in the path.bat file.

Edited by Eagle_01

my path.bat:

REM Core or Main DCS ou DCS.beta path, always end the line with \

set "pathDCS=D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World"

REM DCS or DCS.beta saved game path, always end the line with \

set "pathSavedGames=Save Games\DCS"

REM DCE ScriptMod version not any / or \ and no space before and after =

set "versionPackageICM=ScriptsMod.20.38.01_S-AW"

message when I run FirstMission.bat from Afghan Bear Trap - Ka-50

20081705004425297316968981.png

Hi damienntrix, you forgot the "d" in Saved Games.:)

Hi PBO_CEF or Migel21,

I have an issue with TF71 hornet. I was wondering what exactly the time window is for taking off from the Supercarrier? I have a mission with a take off time of 14:44 h. If I start moving at 14:43 my wingman stays put and the carrier crew decide to take the day off as well. Had the same thing with trying to take off at 14:45 h. Is the take off window limited to the 59 seconds between 14:44:00 and 14:44:59?

by putting the d of saved games, message by executing FirstMission.bat:

20081705355725297316969022.png

hi damienntrix, sorry that was my mistake. Please change the versions to just "versionPackageICM=20.38.01_S-AW" instead of "versionPackageICM=ScriptsMod.20.38.01_S-AW"

Today I ran FirstMission.bat file to reset and regenerate a new campaign but now everytime I start a new mission my F-16 spawns in the same spot as another plane and we both end up crashing.

Are there any cached file I have to remove?

Hi PBO_CEF or Migel21,

I have an issue with TF71 hornet. I was wondering what exactly the time window is for taking off from the Supercarrier? I have a mission with a take off time of 14:44 h. If I start moving at 14:43 my wingman stays put and the carrier crew decide to take the day off as well. Had the same thing with trying to take off at 14:45 h. Is the take off window limited to the 59 seconds between 14:44:00 and 14:44:59?

It's a problem I don't understand.

Normally, you could take off whenever you want.

Are you moving well ahead of the sixpack so that the AI_Supercarrier will take you into account?

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Today I ran FirstMission.bat file to reset and regenerate a new campaign but now everytime I start a new mission my F-16 spawns in the same spot as another plane and we both end up crashing.

Are there any cached file I have to remove?

In conf_mod, set this variable to true:

PruneStatic = true,

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

It's a problem I don't understand.

Normally, you could take off whenever you want.

Are you moving well ahead of the sixpack so that the AI_Supercarrier will take you into account?

Hope I understand you correctly or else this is going to be a very interesting conversation :P

When I spawn in it is around 14:28. So starting up the Hornet is finished at around 14:35. The first time I started rolling immediatly and my wingman remained stationary. The carrier crew did not hook me up. They just stood there admiring my Hornet. I was the second flight and the briefing said that a fourship of Hornets would take off before me.

So I figured I went to soon. Second try I waited until take off time, if memory serves I started rolling at 14:44:14. The four ship took off before that. When I gunned my engines my wingman called ‘2, rollin’ and off we went. Got shot down in a most shameful manner :music_whistling: so I wanted to fly again. That time I started up and started rolling to the catepults at 14:45 so a bit later then briefed. My wingman remained once more stationairy and the launch crew where locked in deep thought and oblivious to the rest of the world.

So no, I could not take off whenever I wanted. So this let to my assumption that there is limited time window for take off as I posted.

I do believe that I drove far enough ahead from the sixpack the first time nothing happened. I drove forward turned right behind catapult 2 then forward and right turn to catapult 1. The second time when I did take off I had not moved at all when my wingman started rolling. The third time I definitely did not drive far forward out off the sixpack.

I will try this tonight and report. Your reaction does seem to indicate that is not a feature of DCE anyway. So probably human error.:hmm:.

Hi RedeyeStorm.. Whenever someone forgets to give the crew their paycheck. I found that calling the ATC and requesting for start up, even if you've moved already, gets the crew off their lazy behinds.

In conf_mod, set this variable to true:

PruneStatic = true,

it is already set to true

I must also add that the old issue which would happen after each mission is back. Again, when I quit the mission after I pass it and successfully land the viper, It brings up DCS demo picture and I have to forcefully go to windows to see the text document of the results and accept the stats through the CMD page. After I do that, I need to forcefully quit DCS through Task Manager as it is on a hang.

When I load DCS again, the newly generated mission of the same campaign does not come up and the briefing is the same as the previous mission.

Edited by r0tary

Wierd engine faliures (spelling?) in afghan bear trap huey and ww2 P-51.

In the huey campaign the chopper barely has any lift at all. I have to snake my way over the hills to the first objective in the first mission. And after a couple of minutes she cant give me more power and the master warning goes off due to minimum RPM. I can fly her like that for a minute or two and all of a sudden the engine gives in and i plumeth towards the earth. Every time. I have it on auto start because the conf wont give me a hot start.(might be me who typoed it in the coinffile though)

In the P-51 campaign its almost the same. First mission was flawless. Not on my part though, i got shot down. But mission 2, hot start from the conf works. take off. As soon as i have lift off i cant communicate anymore, the comms menu wont show up at all. I tried different things to get it to work. and after a couple of minutes the enging stops and im suddenly faced with a watery grave.

Both campaign are crashing to desktop pretty often. I tried flying the huey in a regular stock mission, and it feels different and i can get to the comms menu, no problems so to speak. It might be that the Nevada map is high in elevetaion, i mean you start at 3000ft, and then expected to go over the hills. Maybe its better suited in the PG map?

Anyway these campaigns are awesome when they work.

If it werent for the same experiences in the two campaigns i would say the situations are my fault, but i dont know, this is wierd. my hornet and tomcat campaigns doesnt behave like this at all.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? thanks for all help!

The creators are awesome!!

Edited by dohrn

it is already set to true

I must also add that the old issue which would happen after each mission is back. Again, when I quit the mission after I pass it and successfully land the viper, It brings up DCS demo picture and I have to forcefully go to windows to see the text document of the results and accept the stats through the CMD page. After I do that, I need to forcefully quit DCS through Task Manager as it is on a hang.

When I load DCS again, the newly generated mission of the same campaign does not come up and the briefing is the same as the previous mission.

In this case, (this only works if the first mission did not crash), you have to run the program DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat

DCE_Manager

Wierd engine faliures (spelling?) in afghan bear trap huey and ww2 P-51.

In the huey campaign the chopper barely has any lift at all. I have to snake my way over the hills to the first objective in the first mission. And after a couple of minutes she cant give me more power and the master warning goes off due to minimum RPM. I can fly her like that for a minute or two and all of a sudden the engine gives in and i plumeth towards the earth. Every time. I have it on auto start because the conf wont give me a hot start.(might be me who typoed it in the coinffile though)

In the P-51 campaign its almost the same. First mission was flawless. Not on my part though, i got shot down. But mission 2, hot start from the conf works. take off. As soon as i have lift off i cant communicate anymore, the comms menu wont show up at all. I tried different things to get it to work. and after a couple of minutes the enging stops and im suddenly faced with a watery grave.

Both campaign are crashing to desktop pretty often. I tried flying the huey in a regular stock mission, and it feels different and i can get to the comms menu, no problems so to speak. It might be that the Nevada map is high in elevetaion, i mean you start at 3000ft, and then expected to go over the hills. Maybe its better suited in the PG map?

Anyway these campaigns are awesome when they work.

If it werent for the same experiences in the two campaigns i would say the situations are my fault, but i dont know, this is wierd. my hornet and tomcat campaigns doesnt behave like this at all.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? thanks for all help!

The creators are awesome!!

Hi dohrn, yeap thats why I picked NTTR for this, to simulate the higher altitudes real helos have to deal with in Afghanistan. For the Huey, there is a road left of the FARP, I use that like a runway to get my speed up and borderline my power to the yellow bar on the gauge. Or you can simply remove some load before mission start.

About the comms issue, I haven't experienced that yet. Not sure whats going on. Specially with the P-51.

The P-51 Normandy, I can imagine crashing. Its right up there at the limits of fps playability.

Or you can simply remove some load before mission start.

About the comms issue, I haven't experienced that yet. Not sure whats going on. Specially with the P-51.

The P-51 Normandy, I can imagine crashing. Its right up there at the limits of fps playability.

Yeah, i wasnt really sure about it but i was almost thinking it was a heavy load on the poor bird, you really have to milk the her. Reminds me of a book called:

"To the Limit: An Air Cav Huey Pilot in Vietnam", Amazing story. He's up at altituded to clear some mountains now and then, not much air to grab for those rotorblades. Well good thinking when you choosed nttr! it's still CTD on me though, and the coms wont work when airborne.

Are there some pro tips on handling the CTD? havent experienced it that much in normandy but in the huey campaign its almost every other mission. I havent noticed any performance drops. I mean is there an fps issue it isnt noticable.

Thanks for helping!

Edited by dohrn

Yeah, i wasnt really sure about it but i was almost thinking it was a heavy load on the poor bird, you really have to milk the her. Reminds me of a book called:

"To the Limit: An Air Cav Huey Pilot in Vietnam", Amazing story. He's up at altituded to clear some mountains now and then, not much air to grab for those rotorblades. Well good thinking when you choosed nttr! it's still CTD on me though, and the coms wont work when airborne.

Are there some pro tips on handling the CTD? havent experienced it that much in normandy but in the huey campaign its almost every other mission. I havent noticed any performance drops. I mean is there an fps issue it isnt noticable.

Thanks for helping!

To make up for lost time, use the hills, once over them trade altitude for airspeed. Just be careful of mask bumping when you go over the top. That would help you as well when you reach the flat area, since you are already low. I normally fly NOE in the flat area, around 30ft, 50ft at most. You never know when a mig29 would fly by.

Another "Challenge Easter Egg" in that campaign is the sabre. The runway is just a bit too short and you need to use that little drop off at the end of it. I might change that though.

As for the comms, if the comms menu is greyed out, thats simply setting the frequency, or power to the radio. But if the comms menu wouldn't open at all, thats a DCS issue.