Anyone getting 90 fps?

BeastyBaiter

No.

Or you can give us an example of what you think is better.

• Prepare3D is OK, but I don't know if it's better than DCS. FlyInside does give you more features like using kneeboards.
  • I've heard that Elite Dangerous has a very good implementation. I should get my Kickstarter reward downloaded one of these days.
  • I tried a car racing game and the VR aspects were good. But it was car racing on a track/rally so it wasn't too complicated. Different than jets flying NOE across Vegas.

Care to elaborate?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Current Il-2 is IMO the best VR flightsim on the market. Great FPS and good visibility, especially with the "sharpen" post processing filter.

Racing simulators like Assetto Corsa or PCars benefit more clearly from VR, as they don't require high resolution to be fully enjoyable, so the biggest limitation of current gen VR (low res) is not a problem. For flightsims, VR is usable but has many drawbacks, for racing sims it's great already.

Flyinside for FSX/P3D has suprisingly good integration for an add-on program, any many useful options. Like ability to remap the key that centres your view in VR (Hear that ED?). But the overall experience is brought down by the underlying simulators, which are very hardware demanding even without VR, and low resolution of VR headsets.

Personally, I rate DCS VR experience somewhere between IL-2 and FSX/P3D, with racing sims clearly in the lead. DCS is not bad, but not great either, just usable.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Hi BeastyBaiter,

here is a short video in VR A10c CAS over Las Vegas'Strip - settings shown in video - in 90fps target ASW off (to see the fps system can render instead of dropping to 45 if below 90) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXq5JWblIis

Afterburner fps graph : Monitor1

Here an other video (same exact thing) but with deffered shadings/cockpit lightnings ON and ASW on and forced to 45 (most fps impact are Deff.shadd. and pixel density) so 90 fps in Rift but synthetic :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b0PslHIDYs

Afterburner fps graph : Monitor2

In the same conditions as video "test1" I can manage to have quasi constant 90 fps (see Monitor4) with lower settings (see Settings4)

To finish a last Afterburner fps graph of a longer A10c CAS mission away from Las Vegas'Strip (fully loaded A10 vs 15 moving armored vehicules, 1 Mi24 and 3 fortified buildings) - in this case the settings are the one from video "test1" but with 1.5 Pixel Density : 90 fps quasi constant (see Monitor5).

Hi would of been nice if you used "Oculus Mirror" which is in the installation dir.

Thanks tout, about halfway through is exactly what I was looking for. It seems 90 fps is possible at medium-ish detail in most situations over NTTR. Still leaves the question about DCS 1.5.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

NTTR is IMO very good for VR fps (as DCS offers settings for screen firstly, you have to bring it down for good fps in VR), Normandy I don't own so I can't tell, and Caucasus 1.5.7 is not as good as NTTR : the EDGE engine version is different and you have bad fps while system has way room ahead (ASW kicking in while you can easily render 90 fps with 50% gpu usage....). DCS 2.5 Caucasus will be great I guess.

Two different problems. One is "can I map the centering of view to HOTAS?" and the answer is yes. The other question - which your posts references - is "can I unbind numpad5 to recenter" and the answer currently is no.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I explicitly said "remap" as in "unmap and map to something else".

Like ability to remap the key that centres your view in VR (Hear that ED?).

No, you can not remap Numpad5 in DCS, you can only map additional joystick buttons to centre view. You can't even map any other keyboard shortcut to this function, the VR layer in DCS allows assignments only to joystick buttons.

I explicitly said "remap" as in "unmap and map to something else".

No, you can not remap Numpad5 in DCS, you can only map additional joystick buttons to centre view. You can't even map any other keyboard shortcut to this function, the VR layer in DCS allows assignments only to joystick buttons.

We're being pedantic, are we? The word remap actually means "assign to a different key" Which you can do. Since you're being pedantic about it, you should have said "replace" and not "remap"

Maybe it's a lack of visuals, but you sounded argumentative and pugilistic. Facepalm emoji with repeated "you can't do it" posts may have contributed to it. Or it could be because someone else in a different thread got me all riled up. If you weren't being a jackass about it, then my apologies.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

The facepalm is my general comment for the kind of people who miss the whole point of the post, and prefer instead to focus on little trivia like that, usually pointing it out in a snarky way. For them, I'm 100% jackass.

For the rest, I'm nice and polite guy, who doesn't always speak perfect English :)

Edited by some1
nevermind

It seems pretty perfect to me some1!

Just noticed that you have the GVL224 Trio Throttle. Is it working well for you?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Yes, very nice piece of kit, great build quality and precision. Had it for two years and pots work like new.

The only issue I had is that the throttle levers could use a bit of deadzone at the ends, but this can be set up using windows calibration.

In general, I find different planes consume diff amount of resources (measured in fps). So far I've noticed A-10C is the best among all the modules I own - with PD of 1.8 and high textures I'm getting 90 fps most of the time, although it drops to 45 rarely when low to the ground.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base