Roots of problem for heavy stutters and low performance in DCS World!

FINAL BREAKTROUGH!

I had updated the Fix files for the DCS World version 1.5.7. 9459.362,

Overall this is what I can do, further problem should be solve by the developer that make this Simulator. :huh: :book: :doh: :smartass: :D

overall smoother rocket barraging in Ka-50, the other Helicopter could be improved performance as well. I don't have the other Heli module and I don't know.

check here

"https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=JOKERACTS&set_filter=Y"

for the download, I also updated other mods and lets try it :joystick: :thumbup:

Sorry, 4 This spam.....

If i download This files my DCS(today v 1.57.) will run better and fast in my system?

If yes, can some one do a Full tutorial install And changes we need to do in Windows 10?

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

you can try it, just extract the zip into your DCS World folder,

use windows 's search to search for your DCS World folder.

usual way, overwrite everything, if it don't work on your PC, just click Repair DCS World, easy to reverb back anytime.

or use JSGME mod tools,

how was the simulator now? got performance improved?

how was those user who use Nvidia G-Sync or AMD FreeSync ?, VR user?

other AMD CPU and GPU user got any problem like this? (stutter and low performance)

I had tested it with Ka-50 loaded with 4x B-8V20A rocket pods alone in the Caucasus map, full salvos of 20x rockets in one go with no stutter or frame freeze.

stutter still happened at full salvos of 40x rockets in one go.

Full max setting in graphics as the Video demonstration in YouTube.

In mission map, Ka-50 usually loaded with 2x rockets pods, launch 10x rockets salvos should be no problem.

for Jet fighter gameplay should be smooth. Air to Air combat only use plenty missile 1-10x

Edited by JOKERACTS

I dug out an old L39ZA mission, that I had never had any problems with before and found that 64 S5m rocket salvo into an armour column, caused it to stutter to a complete halt. It's never done that before. When it recovered, I was in the ground.

Watching the replay showed buses and whatnot, driving through my battle.

An update had defaulted civ. traffic to high.

Remove all civ traffic and I'm back to normal.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I just tested Su-25 in edited quick mission ground attack, full loaded with 8x B-8V20A rocket pods, I launched all 60-70x + rockets with smooth, with my PC setting at adaptive and Full Maxed traffic in the game.

the problem should be solved, the remain problem was the Ka-50 module and other AI helicopter like Mi-24 could be faulty that need developer to solve it.

Stutter happened on Mi-24, Ka-50 during 20-40x+ rockets barraging.

for now 4th update for the fix, work on 1.5.7.10175.378,

fix the rain particle, recover back the missing aircraft damage fire, smoke, fuel leaks, improve the clouds too...

I got my DCS World updated to 1.5.7.10175.378, tried it on all stock original files downloaded from the DCS World, it turn up the old problem unsolved, happened in Ka-50, launch 10x rockets will be stutter.

I use back my fix files and it work better.

check here, try other files too

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=JOKERACTS&set_filter=Y&PAGEN_1=4

Edited by JOKERACTS

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

LIMIT FRAME RATEs

UPDATE !!

Since then - more frustration with the new 2.5# version. Nothing seemed to make sense why the frame rates could be significantly better and still have the stuttering and even locking I was getting...

LIMIT FRAME RATE, Turn on VSYNCH.

This seemed to get things to a new level.

Im using 72 as max limit, using RIVA to get there, also MSI afterburner.

OLD Post - Someone here recommended PROCESS LASSO to control system resources and dedicate CPU and MEMORY to individual programs. Works very well. not hard to figure out.

However feel compelled to recommend to anyone who has not already done so, and as obvious as it seemed to you all, ( i didnt want to believe my card stank) to UPGRADE your VIDEO CARD

I felt that I had adequate hardware since I had purchased a "gaming system" but sadly found later that my video card was _ _it ! There are only so many things I have time to keep up on.

After a little research I purchased a $200 (or so) card that has made a wild difference and I actually now look forward to playing DCS... and will actually take on the A10 learning curve now. I recall a mostly software solution back in the day of MECH WARRIOR, and I just stuck with that plan. But the card has made huge difference.

I do however still notice the ROCKETS flooding the screen brings everything to a stop. My quick solution to that without re-writing the assembly code... was to hit the trigger firing the rockets & immediately press F2 or F3... then back to the cockpit.

Never overlook the obvious.

I had an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX ?? something... that was my problem, I didnt distinguish the model #

I upgraded to NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 1050 Ti

Went from 8 - 25 FPS (frames per Second)

to 25 - 80 FPS with even more aggressive video settings in the DCS Control Panel.

I mention this because I hope it saves someone out there some time trying to make this all work to a level that is actually enjoyable, and so you dont have get out your AMP meters. Just a small screw driver... and maybe some tape... and a paint brush... and perhaps some rubber shoes...OW !!

Edited by marcwoolery
addition