Wind direction inconsistencies

Redglyph

Hello!

I was about to post this in the Mission Editor but there is more to it.

DCS 1.5.7.9411.361

Description

- in a mission, I set the wind to 347 degrees (1st screenshot), the user's airplane starts on the runway at Sukhumi. Note that the arrow is confusing, it should be pointing the other way or not be there at all,

- confirmed as 347 degrees in the briefing panel, when launching the mission (2nd screenshot).

When the mission start, there are two bugs (3rd screenshot):

- the wind is coming from another direction, actually the opposite direction (167),

- the airplane is placed on the wrong end of the runway, downwind, which is not ideal ;)

I've also tried with an actual 70-ish-degree wind, the aircraft was also placed downwind

The first bug has been there for a long time, but is it planned to fix it one day to avoid confusion with the developers? And the second one is pretty annoying, I don't see how to make any cross-wind practice mission that starts from the runway.

1.jpg.e9409accd90c5342508af124ac87d875.jpg

2.jpg.4992514920e48287ce38b432197a963b.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.93881fd7eb79465170d3cc14b0ff2a84.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

This was discussed before.

The wind in the editor is Where is blowing, not From Where is comming like usual in any METAR.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

...I don't see how to make any cross-wind practice mission that starts from the runway.

I must not be understanding something. In your runway screenshot, your heading is roughly 300°. If you set the wind to 210°, that doesn't give you a crosswind to play with?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 11 Pro x64, Asrock Z790 Steel Legend MoBo, Intel i7-13700K, MSI RKT 4070 Super 12GB, Corsair Dominator DDR5 RAM 32GB.

I must not be understanding something. In your runway screenshot, your heading is roughly 300°. If you set the wind to 210°, that doesn't give you a crosswind to play with?

Yes... technically if we set it precisely 90° there won't be any downwind, but the most current situation is a part of front and a part of cross - crosswind only is also a bit suicidal.

In any case, this is obviously a double-bug, so this may as well be fixed, it doesn't seem very complicated to do. I wouldn't be surprised if the selection of the runway was based on the correct direction of the mission editor, only the actual wind is wrong (and confuses everyone).

The fact the wind of the 500' layer is imposed is also a bit of an annoyance, it's not always like that everywhere and depends a lot on the geography.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yes... technically if we set it precisely 90° there won't be any downwind, but the most current situation is a part of front and a part of cross - crosswind only is also a bit suicidal.

Ah...now I understand. Thanks. Never paid that much attention to it, when I set the wind. I just set it to the direction I want to see the smoke from factories move in and never worried about it. Never paid much attention to which end of the runway it sent me to either.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 11 Pro x64, Asrock Z790 Steel Legend MoBo, Intel i7-13700K, MSI RKT 4070 Super 12GB, Corsair Dominator DDR5 RAM 32GB.