Takeoff Rudder Trim Problem

ronkmd

Hi,

I'm new to DCS and just purchased P-51D and FC3 via Steam. In going through the P-51D Training missions I'm having a weird problem during the Solo Takeoff Training Mission. As soon as I get in to the cockpit the rudder trim control moves all the way left on its own. Sometimes the throttle will also jump forward on its own too.

OK, so I zero out the rudder trim, then set it for 5 degrees Right and start to take off. I can't keep centered on the runway due to extreme Right Yaw. I look down at the Rudder Trim and it's all the way to the Left. If I do manage to get into the air, I still have the extreme left yaw. Attached is a sample .trk file

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Ron K

Takeoff Trim Problem.trk

Be sure to check that your axis commands are not duplicated through your various controllers. Open the Options/Controls/P-51/Axis Commands screen and double-check your axis settings.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

By default, when installing a new module and/or controller, the trims are not assigned to axes though, so it still sounds like some button or key command duplication, I would double check that.

The second idea - it's possible that you still have "game flight mode" (instead of simulation) turned on in the game options, plus "auto rudder" and "takeoff assistance" (or whatever it's called) turned on in special options. All these are supposed to help newcomers with learning how to fly an airplane, but they've always been somewhat glitchy / buggy, messing up the controls and causing more harm than good in my opinion. While we're at it, keep in mind that when you click on "controls" tab, there are two completely separate control assignments tables for game and simulation modes, so make sure you adjust the correct one.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yeah, already checked the Game Mode and assist settings but nothing wrong there. Strange thing is that when the mission starts as soon as the cockpit appears and starts to zoom out to normal view, the rudder trim wheel spins all the way to the left. Happens in other P-51D and TF-51 ground startups too. Some scripting problem, maybe?

Next, going to disconnect controllers (TM T.16000M FCS) and try keyboard only. Then, reconnect controllers and delete all Joystick and Throttle commands and re-bind from scratch.