Flaps Always at 5

dresoccer4

agreed. however i may be mistaken, but i mean when i actually visually inspect the plane with flaps at 5 degrees, they look all of the way up like before when they were at 0. need someone else to confirm before i'm certain though..

I would agree on that. With 5° Flaps in HUD symbology the 3D model of the flaps looks like a clean 0° line with the rest of the wing.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would agree on that. With 5° Flaps in HUD symbology the 3D model of the flaps looks like a clean 0° line with the rest of the wing.

thanks for confirmation. you explained it much better than i did :thumbup:

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

This is intended, 5 degrees is the normal position. The flaps will start to deflect up towards 0 degrees to counter transonic effects around M0.87

The previous retracted position that was achieved by turning the flaps off is exactly the same position as the current 5 degrees.

Yup, looks like the 5 degrees of flaps is same as the previous 0 degree position visually and speed wise. The flaps coming up to 0 automatically at high speeds seems slow the plane down a bit and helps prevent over speed in dives which is nice. I'm glad that this is fixed, now I can pretty much leave em in auto and not worry about it!

I haven´t followed this flap-thing for a while, so this may be old, but today in the latest Open Beta I´ve seen a flap position of 04 indicated when in auto mode at a higher speed (520 or something).

As intended, the flaps are reflexing due to high speeds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Flaps will now start to retract from 5 degrees at mach 0.88, they will retract to show 0 degrees by mach 0.95 in AUTO mode and will return to 5 degrees by mach 0.88

CRUISE mode flaps will remain at 5 degrees regardless of airspeed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad