VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

So I have realised why the chatter extension is always on in Vaincom Pro. It is activeated whenever I pickle a weapon on my Joystick!

I cannot find where to change or deactive keypress or other reason for activating can anyone give me a pointer please?

So I have realised why the chatter extension is always on in Vaincom Pro. It is activeated whenever I pickle a weapon on my Joystick!

I cannot find where to change or deactive keypress or other reason for activating can anyone give me a pointer please?

Open the VAICOM Voice Attack profile. Find the line for chatter. Edit it to remove the joystick button. OR!!! Maybe you have mapped a keypress to that joystick button, that is the same as the Chatter keypress in the profile.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This is what I do after every DCS update. (Like yesterday).

Close DCS. Close VA. Repair DCS. Delete export.lua (I have a working copy with settings for SRS, VAICOM and TacView in that order). Start VA. Close VA. Delete export.lua again. Copy my copy and rename to export.lua Start VA, start DCS.

It's cumbersome, but it works every time!

Cheers!

I believe that there is a problem at the moment that is not a Vaicom problem. I have had a similar issue. For example, I want to ask ATC for permission to start up. Vaicom hears me but nothing happens, or at least I can't see or hear anything happening. I was on a MP server. Others could hear my comms with ATC, but I couldn't. Vaicom was sending the comms as it should, but DCS wasn't showing me anything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Just wondering if anyone has VIACOM working OK with the Huey?

I've got a strange problem where the radio and intercom menu's pop up and close randomly quite often (to the point that if I want to use them by the time I select what I want with the mouse it may close again).

I've had to disable external plugins in voiceattack in order to get this to stop. The only external plugin I have in VA is Viacom.

I also have SRS but that wasn't connected at the time.

I did come across this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254572 which someone suggested Allow INCOCKPIT DCS CONTROLLED PTT so I have changed that - but it made no difference.

Just wondering if there's a simple switch that might be causing this.

Voiceattack has no logs of it being triggered, it just seems to be random.

Just wondering if anyone has VIACOM working OK with the Huey?

I've got a strange problem where the radio and intercom menu's pop up and close randomly quite often (to the point that if I want to use them by the time I select what I want with the mouse it may close again).

I've had to disable external plugins in voiceattack in order to get this to stop. The only external plugin I have in VA is Viacom.

I also have SRS but that wasn't connected at the time.

I did come across this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254572 which someone suggested Allow INCOCKPIT DCS CONTROLLED PTT so I have changed that - but it made no difference.

Just wondering if there's a simple switch that might be causing this.

Voiceattack has no logs of it being triggered, it just seems to be random.

Though several people has reported problems specific to the Huey now. What you describes usually happens after every update. Though it didn't for me today.

This is what I usually do.

1. Close DCS. Close VA. Repair DCS. Delete export.lua (I have a working copy with settings for SRS, VAICOM and TacView in that order). Start VA. Close VA. Delete export.lua again. Copy my copy and rename to export.lua Start VA, start DCS.

2. You can also try to close DCS. Reset Lua from VAICOM control panel. Restart VA, start DCS. If that doesn't work.

1. Is cumbersome, but it works every time, for me!

Cheers!

Hey - nah doesn't work for me. Even swapping between my normal headset and rift S I still have the same problem
What do you mean you get it a lot?

Mine is always red, like it should be, unless you press a TX. Check your TX settings is my advice.

Cheers

I believe that there is a problem at the moment that is not a Vaicom problem. I have had a similar issue. For example, I want to ask ATC for permission to start up. Vaicom hears me but nothing happens, or at least I can't see or hear anything happening. I was on a MP server. Others could hear my comms with ATC, but I couldn't. Vaicom was sending the comms as it should, but DCS wasn't showing me anything.

Did this work before? And you have of course checked "use with multiplayer" in the VAICOM settings?

Cheers!

Did this work before? And you have of course checked "use with multiplayer" in the VAICOM settings?

Cheers!

Yes it worked before the latest Beta update. And MP is ticked. It's strange because I hear my DCS voice talking to the crew and I hear the crew talk back, but I don't hear my DCS voice talking to ATC or ATC talking back, but other players do.

I'm going to have a play around to see how to fix it.

Though several people has reported problems specific to the Huey now. What you describes usually happens after every update. Though it didn't for me today.

1. Close DCS. Close VA. Repair DCS. Delete export.lua (I have a working copy with settings for SRS, VAICOM and TacView in that order). Start VA. Close VA. Delete export.lua again. Copy my copy and rename to export.lua Start VA, start DCS.

2. You can also try to close DCS. Reset Lua from VAICOM control panel. Restart VA, start DCS. If that doesn't work.

1. Is cumbersome, but it works every time, for me!

Cheers!

Thanks Maxsenna. I don't have a backup of my exports file. Does that mean I need to uninstall TacView, SRS, Voiceattack and Viacom, then install SRS, Voiceattack and Tacview - make a backup and then install Viacom so I have a fallback - or is there a more simpler method to get the settings to work with the other plugins again with a fresh exports?

Thanks Maxsenna. I don't have a backup of my exports file. Does that mean I need to uninstall TacView, SRS, Voiceattack and Viacom, then install SRS, Voiceattack and Tacview - make a backup and then install Viacom so I have a fallback - or is there a more simpler method to get the settings to work with the other plugins again with a fresh exports?

To totally fix it for me, when I understood that all these apps messes with each other, yes, I un-installed/re-installed SRS and and TacView. (Other apps does things as well).

But, you don't have to do that, as I attach my file. Just have a look inside it, ot just rename and use it.

Cheers

Export - Copy.zip

To totally fix it for me, when I understood that all these apps messes with each other, yes, I un-installed/re-installed SRS and and TacView. (Other apps does things as well).

But, you don't have to do that, as I attach my file. Just have a look inside it, ot just rename and use it.

Cheers

[ATTACH]249245[/ATTACH]

Thank you!!

Open the VAICOM Voice Attack profile. Find the line for chatter. Edit it to remove the joystick button. OR!!! Maybe you have mapped a keypress to that joystick button, that is the same as the Chatter keypress in the profile.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Cheers!

Thank you!

Is VAICOM working correctly for anyone with the new A-10C II? I don't get responses from any AI when using VAICOM.

Instant Action original Cold and Dark A-10C mission:

Get power running and turn on UHF radio. Tune 262.000 for Kobuleti ATC. Use VAICOM to transmit "Kobuleti, request startup". I hear my pilot voice and I hear Kobuleti respond.

Same Cold and Dark Instant Action mission but for A-10C II:

Get power running and turn on UHF radio. Tune 262.000 for Kobuleti ATC. Use VAICOM to transmit "Kobuleti, request startup". No pilot voice and no response from Kobuleti. Use VAICOM to transmit "Kobuleti, Options" and comm menu now shows that the AI silently acknowledged me and the next step is to request taxi to runway.

This happens while tanking as well. I can say "Tanker, approaching for refuel" and I won't hear my pilot speak or the tanker respond but the next comm option changes to ready precontact.

Repaired my open beta install without re-installing VAICOM's lua. Manual Comm menu works as intended. Request, hear pilot voice, hear response.

Deleted config file for VAICOM then reset settings and reinstalled lua to DCS. Back to silence.

Thanks for your time!

Is VAICOM working correctly for anyone with the new A-10C II? I don't get responses from any AI when using VAICOM.

Instant Action original Cold and Dark A-10C mission:

Get power running and turn on UHF radio. Tune 262.000 for Kobuleti ATC. Use VAICOM to transmit "Kobuleti, request startup". I hear my pilot voice and I hear Kobuleti respond.

Same Cold and Dark Instant Action mission but for A-10C II:

Get power running and turn on UHF radio. Tune 262.000 for Kobuleti ATC. Use VAICOM to transmit "Kobuleti, request startup". No pilot voice and no response from Kobuleti. Use VAICOM to transmit "Kobuleti, Options" and comm menu now shows that the AI silently acknowledged me and the next step is to request taxi to runway.

This happens while tanking as well. I can say "Tanker, approaching for refuel" and I won't hear my pilot speak or the tanker respond but the next comm option changes to ready precontact.

Repaired my open beta install without re-installing VAICOM's lua. Manual Comm menu works as intended. Request, hear pilot voice, hear response.

Deleted config file for VAICOM then reset settings and reinstalled lua to DCS. Back to silence.

Thanks for your time!

Yes yes yes. It's doing my head in. I have just uninstalled Vaicom because it has made it unplayable. I've repaired and reset lua files. It keeps repeating itself when you try to fix.

Yes yes yes. It's doing my head in. I have just uninstalled Vaicom because it has made it unplayable. I've repaired and reset lua files. It keeps repeating itself when you try to fix.

I've tested and tested and tested and it is definitely coming back around to Vaicom unfortunately.

I've just uninstalled Vaicom - fixed the problem.

I've just re-installed Vaicom - broken

What doesn't work for you?

I have NEVER EVER uninstalled VAICOM. It's just a bunch of files under Voice Attack. No installation routine and reg settings like other apps and progs. I usually need to reset the Lua after a repair after a DCS update, (but not this last hotfix).

If you have an issue with blinking menus, it's because of the files needed for VAICOM in the install directory. VAICOM changes these, and need to update them after a repair (and update it seems). That's why you need to reset the Lua. Because they are Lua files.

A-10C II comms doesn't work for me either, and Hollywood will fix this. It does talk with the module though, because "select Batumi" or other airfield changes the radio channel. Test it!

VAICOM works fine for me in every other module (haven't tested the Huey though and some users have reported issues there. Might be the same issue, and they did something with the Huey lately. Gunner AI you know).

So, I would recommend you test it in another module. If it works there, VAICOM is fine! But we need an update for VAICOM. This has happened with other new modules as well, so I'm not worried. A-10C II is regarded as a completely new module in some ways. So I guess that's the reason.

Cheers!

PS: Helios, SSA etc. had to update for A-10C II as well. So I'm not surprised at all.

@Hollywood_315 I can't wait for what you have in store for us with the new pilot/co-pilot features in the upcoming Hind and Kiowa.

Cheers!

I have found that I never have to delete export.lua and in fact can skip the steps highlighted in red. Perhaps I'm charmed, but it's also possible that the order matters. Here is my export.lua:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I have found that I never have to delete export.lua and in fact can skip the steps highlighted in red. Perhaps I'm charmed, but it's also possible that the order matters. Here is my export.lua:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Cool! Will try that next time!

I didn't do anything after this last hotfix, as I just forgot!

So if you get the blinking menu, unrecognized module in VAICOM control panel. You just close down VA and DCS, repair and startup. VA first?

Cheers

Yes, that's exactly what I do. I find that often I don't even need the repair, but that depends on the update. Starting VA before starting DCS is very important, because VA needs to update the lua files before DCS starts.

Cool! Will try that next time!

I didn't do anything after this last hotfix, as I just forgot!

So if you get the blinking menu, unrecognized module in VAICOM control panel. You just close down VA and DCS, repair and startup. VA first?

Cheers

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Yes, that's exactly what I do. I find that often I don't even need the repair, but that depends on the update. Starting VA before starting DCS is very important, because VA needs to update the lua files before DCS starts.
Cool! It seems that something has changed then. I hope I remember to test after next update. My problem might be that I NEVER close VA.

Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers!