VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hollywood,

I don't get the same commands as pictured on page 37 and I don't have AIRIO file to import either. Not sure what is going on. Rio still doesn't work for me.

Not sure what else to do.

You first need to download the AI RIO plugin from the Downloads page of the VAICOM website. There is a Readme with instructions in the download zip

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You need to be in an F-14 mission.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks! working, but...

1. When I say a TACAN tune order, it works (Jester tune tacan correctly), but also the radio menu is then shown... is normal?

2. I'm trying to translate the command:

Radio Tune [0..3] [0..9] [0..9] decimal [0..9] [zero; two five; five zero; seven five;]

to spanish...

Radio sintoniza [0..3] [0..9] [0..9] coma [0..9] [cero; dos cinco; cinco cero; siete cinco;]

It works partially, but the last part "[cero; dos cinco; cinco cero; siete cinco;]" doesn't work.

PD: Easy Communication OFF, Instant Select OFF, Select Tunes Radio ON

Edited by gonvise

When I updated to 2.5.10 I get this error after pressing a TX button on my Hotas. I managed to replace the DLL with the one from 2.5.9 so it works for me again but I cant update anymore. I have never had problems updating before. What is the cause to why 2.5.10 wont work? f368d08bf3d44c6dca73348e5f35c218.jpg

"ProxyClass does not contain a definition for utility"

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Edited by Fisherman82

@Hollywood_315

@Fisherman82

Same here - reverted to 2.5.9 (working fine)

FIXED

update VA to 1.7.5 before updating Vaicom Pro to 2.5.10

all working fine now

See #2389

Thanks to Hollywood_315

Edited by slicker55
update result

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Every time I am launching VA it says that there is an update to Vaicom, I allow it to update and complete. Seems to work, then ctd. Relaunch and same thing.

Also, I am not able to map any sticks or buttons to the app. It allows me to check the box, I have the Warthog Throttle as an active stick, but when I go to map the buttons, nothing.

I am looking to uninstall, remove all folders/files/etc then reinstall. Has anyone done this? What was involved? Any pointers on the uninstall?

I havent been able to get VA, Vaicom, AIRio, Profiles etc to run at all since I bought the software. UGH!

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

@DERacing

Might be best to decline updates until we get answer to post 2384/2385 and concentrate on getting it running first :)

I also experience the same problem as you outline re. updating.

Disable the OPER switch in the Audio tab of the Vaicom Pro Control Panel (LCTRL+LALT+C), close Vaicom Pro and Voice Attack, reload and accept the updates

Once done, re-enable the OPER switch - this method works for me!

Like I said, 2.5.9 works fine so I would stick with that version for the time being

Edited by slicker55

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Make sure your VoiceAttack is up to date, version 1.7.5

@Hollywood_315

Thanks - fixed and noted for future reference - first class support - vey much appreciated :thumbup:

Would it be possible to include a warning light or simple text message to alert the end-user when the VA version is out of date - like you already have in Vaicom Pro?

Hi All!

Did anyone come across an issue: cannot open Jester menu with a default keyboard "A" button?

Edited by -=archer=-

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

With AIRIO enabled is not possible use the wheel.

Ah, thank You!

I almost broke my mind troubleshooting the issue :)

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Hey there, so after many hours trying to trouble shoot, i am at my wits end. I upgraded to the pro license in the hope to alleviate my issues to no avail...so i am commited now :)

A little preface; main main DCS installation on D is the latest 2.5.xxx stable, which is a command line converted 2.1 openalpha. Its now called DCS World, the dcs_variant.txt file is empty, thus this installation refers to savedgames/DCS. Tacview and all other mods, including SRS work fine, so i kinda doubt that all this stuff comes from maybe wrong regedit keys for this particular DCS installation.

VoiceAttack is the latest version 1.7.5. Tacview is 1.7.6 and SRS is up to date also.

So, the actual functionality of giving commands works fine (Talk and response with ATC and wingmen all good), but i am having a lot of trouble getting the module names to show up in the PTT tab. Let me bullett point what works under which conditions:

- on NTTR in singleplayer, module names shoaaw up for FC3 type aircaft, but not for any full fidelity ones like the A-10c, AJS 37, GAzelle, MI-8, L-39

- on NTTR when hosting a local server the above mentioned full fidelty modules show up as well, but after a bunch of testing dcs freezes when hosting a local server now

- if i disable Tacview inside dcs settings modules tab, then full fidelty modules show up on NTTR singleplayer missions aswell

- on the Caucasus map in single player, neither FC3 nor full fidelity modules show names in the PTT tab, and disabling Tacview does not help either, but the actual voice command functionalty works fine

I have tried every possbile trick in the book i could come up with and that was described in your ytube videos, the manual, the vaicom FAQ and some stuff from this thread. Let me list what i have checked, which is in all lieklyhood not an exhaustive list of what i have done, been on this for the better part of a full day :)

- Cleansed my system of every piece of older Vaicom installs

- installed the lasted VAICOM 2.5.10, twice after running into issues after the first install. I checked multiple times that i did this correctly, and that Vaicom populated itself properly on first startup of Voiceattack in the ...APPS/Vaicom folder, in the correct savedgames script folder, and that all the "manual" lua codes where properly added to the files in my dcs installation folder. That all checks out, in debug mode Vaicom findd the correct saved games folder as well as my dcs world 2.5 stable installation folder and checks that the lua code is properly injected in those files in the main installation.

- i deleted the export.lua and Vaicom created a new one with the correct line in it.

- i checked regedit on my win7 x64 manchine according to microsoft blog and according to those regedit entries, net. 4.5.2 and 4.7.2 are installed.

- i disabled all mods via ovgme (mainly liveries, english cockpit mods etc., as well as inside DCS Worlds module managment tab (Tacview, VPC-Airfield Equipment 0.9.4 beta, 476 Range Targets) and removed the latter mods from saved games, modes, tech folder for good measure.

-additionally, i cleard the saved games script folder from everything those mods plus DCS SRS put there so only Vaicoms luas where in there. No luck.

- i disabled win7 firewall but this didn't help either.

So, running VA as admin seems to not make a difference in my case. What i don't get; why do commands work, get recognized by DCS and properly executed, buth the modules will not be correctly shown in the PTT tab? Why this discrepancy between NTTR and Caucasus, FC3 and full fidelity, singleplayer and multiplayer? How come disabling Tacview helps in singleplayer on NTTR, but not on Caucasus?

So, as i said earlier, the debug mode does not reveal anything conclusive in VA's execution window, and the log at C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Logs shows pretty much the same stuff, i.e. does not reveal anything else. Is that the log you are mentioning in the manual?

This shows up in VA's execution window on startup:

00:29:05 - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

00:29:05 - Ready for commands.

00:29:05 - Startup finished.

00:29:05 - No new DCS modules to import.

00:29:05 - Building master labels table...

00:29:05 - Success.

00:29:05 - Building master keywords table...

00:29:05 - Adding 0 imported menu commands.

00:29:05 - Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

00:29:05 - Loading F10 menu items...

00:29:05 - Loading keywords database...

00:29:05 - Checking VA profile.

00:29:05 - 4/5 DCS-side files were updated.

00:29:05 - Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

00:29:05 - Reset: speech.lua

00:29:05 - Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

00:29:05 - Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

00:29:05 - Unchanged: Export.lua

00:29:05 - Saved Games folder = C:\Users\sc_neo\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

00:29:05 - DCS World installation path = E:\00 - Games\DCS World\DCS World OpenBeta

00:29:05 - Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta

00:29:05 - DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta

00:29:05 - 4/5 DCS-side files were updated.

00:29:05 - Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

00:29:05 - Reset: speech.lua

00:29:05 - Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

00:29:05 - Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

00:29:05 - Unchanged: Export.lua

00:29:05 - Saved Games folder = C:\Users\sc_neo\Saved Games\DCS

00:29:05 - DCS World installation path = D:\00 - Games\DCS World

00:29:05 - Using Registry entry for 2.5

00:29:05 - DCS World installation found: version 2.5

00:29:05 - Executing automatic lua code installation.

00:29:05 - License: PRO

00:29:05 - Plugin version 2.5.10.0 (release)

00:29:05 - Initializing..

00:29:05 - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

00:29:04 - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

00:29:04 - Plugin support enabled.

If a module is correctly recognized and displayed in the TPP tab (F-15c for instance), this shows up here as well. But there is no error message or anything when i slot a full fidelty module.

Is there any other debug mode or something which i can check to see what is going on or what Vaicom is doing diffrently or can't access or hook into?

Why it's having way more trouble on the Caucasus map, less so on NTTR?

EDIT:

"

00:29:05 - Saved Games folder = C:\Users\sc_neo\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

00:29:05 - DCS World installation path = E:\00 - Games\DCS World\DCS World OpenBeta

00:29:05 - Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta

"

The entries for my second DCS World installation on E: drive seem to suggest VAICOM reads this as a 2.5 openbeta installation. It is in fact a 1.5.8 legaxy version, not sure whether is this of importance.

EDIT 2: The most basic mission on Caucasus i.e. placing an A-10c hot on the runway with the client option enabled in the editor is fine and dandy when i loading this in multiplayer, but when starting this in singleplayer the module is not recognized in the PTT tab.

EDIT 3: Downloaded Net. 4.5.2 from dotnet.microsoft.... again and the installer noticed that 4.5.2 was already installed correctly and did not proceed. So i reckon it should not be related to Net. then.

EDIT 4: Shortly of reinstalling everything (i trust in DCS's repair function fully here) i did repair my installation which only removed the files altered by Vaicom to a backup folder, moved my DCS saved games folder so dcs setup a fresh one. Completely unisntalled Vaicom V. 2.5.10, installed version 2.5.8 that i was promted to download when i bought the license key yesterday, and let this setup a fresh installation. I verified that everything was in its correct place, all luas correctly appended. I unisntalled Tacview before all of that, so not one single mod was active. Still experiencing the same behaviour, NTTR singleplayer is fine in all modules, Caucsus does not display modules in PTT tab for any module in singleplayer. In multiplayer depending on the mission it sometimes works, sometimes not, and freezes more often. So...i reckon i need to let this rest until i get (professional help) :)

Edited by sc_neo

So, I seem to be having an issue where, when I run the training, it recognizes commands with 80-90% accuracy, but when I try to use it in mission, it can't seem to recognize words. I've also seem to have issues getting through the training set in one sitting. Things work for the first 50 or so words, then it stops recognizing words that it understood before.

Any thoughts on where to even start?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

So, I seem to be having an issue where, when I run the training, it recognizes commands with 80-90% accuracy, but when I try to use it in mission, it can't seem to recognize words. I've also seem to have issues getting through the training set in one sitting. Things work for the first 50 or so words, then it stops recognizing words that it understood before.

Any thoughts on where to even start?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

For the first issue, one thing that helped me and many others was to hold the PTT button for 0.5-1 second after I spoke the command. Massive improvement.

Also, make sure that you are speaking clearly and leaving appropriate pauses, like you'd do if you included a comma in your speech. For example, "PTT > "Two", [0.5 second pause] "Break Left" > [hold for 0.5 seconds] > Release PTT.

As for the training, I suspect it's a Windows thing rather than an issue with VoiceAttack or VAICOM. Spend some time improving speech recognition without VAICOM etc, just using the Windows utilities. Do it a few times, until the system understands everything easily and resume VAICOM after that.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

So, I made a profile to control CDU, MFD's(Left, Right, Center), and UFC's across multiple modules (A10C, Av8B, F/A18C so far). It's mostly just for the alpha numeric input fields, and some limited knee board functionality.

How should I setup the command to work with VIACOM? Is there any best practices for VIACOM?

Thanks.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

This makes so much difference when playing DCS. I used voice attack before for racing sims to set up pit strategies and so on and it was amazing, but here voice commands really shine.

I bought the VA and vaicom with chatter and airio, and after couple of hours browsing forums and the manual got it working, problem was I had old dcs folders in saved games and it was putting files in wrong ones. Got that cleared and the plugin works now, but there are few issues.

So first thing is setting ripple quantity using airio. Numbers in the keywords are step, 2, 5 10, 20, 30 or similar, but the rio then doesnt set those numbers as the quantity. He sets 8 when i said that he sets 30.

Second problem is flight command engage. Not a single combination works, so if i say: flight/two/wingman, engage/cleared hot/strike, ground targets/group/armor, it beeps like it did understand me and there is no response from flight.

I did reed a bit here on the forum but didnt see this mentioned. Anyway, if someone can help ill appreciate it.

@sc_neo Quite a journey there. You're on Windows 7, seems likely specific to that.

Do you have apps on your PC/router that could be altering default network settings such as MTU / packet size / host ports / NAT.

Anything to see in dcs.log, also can you verify your plugin Preference settings e.g. Import F10 Menu.

Let's follow up on PM.

@SGT Coyle Recommended to daisy-chain your VA profile to the VAICOM PRO master profile

Using the Search Thread function you'll find some leads here on where to look for more details.

@Akka Suggest to uncheck the Require Engage Cue setting in Preferences.

@Voyager What @Harker says.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Noticed something strange after updating to the latest version. In the Hornet I can always talk to the AI wingman even if I use the wrong radio, If I set Comm 1 to 255 MHz that is our flights frequency and Comm 2 to 130 MHz that is a JTAC in the mission it does not matter if I accidently call the wingman on Comm 2, he still answers. I have easy communications off by the way. Has anyone else notised this to?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

In the config window the selections on the tabs can be checked and unchecked, but

are grayed out as to be barely visible.

Also in the Editor tab it says I'm missing 287 aliases.

What did I do wrong?

Please Hollywood_315... How must I to translate to my language (spanish) the text numbers of AIRIO new command?

Radio Tune [0..3] [0..9] [0..9] decimal [0..9] [zero; two five; five zero; seven five;]

Translate it directly doesn't work.

Radio Tune [0..3] [0..9] [0..9] decimal [0..9] [cero; dos cinco; cinco cero; siete cinco;]

Thanks.