Quick look keys in VR

SilentWarrior

Hi,

I'd like to know if its possible - and how - to have some set of keys to look at specific panels, like you do with non-track-ir and non-vr setups.

Ideally it would work as setting the "center" of the VR to point towards said panel. This would help to reach those impossible to reach places like the AV-8 handbrake parking level that you cant easily reach while turning yourself 180 degrees and keep the mouse on the table when you are far away from the table as it happens when you have table mounts.

If this does not exist, do you guys think maybe its a good idea to add it?

Thanks

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

I certainly hear where you're coming from.

On a more positive note, think I can twist a little more easily now that I'm using cold starts on the Harrier.

What I did find helped a little was to always select full screen on starting a mission, (Alt and Enter), which stops my mouse opening a new application when not within the VR border.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I certainly hear where you're coming from.

On a more positive note, think I can twist a little more easily now that I'm using cold starts on the Harrier.

What I did find helped a little was to always select full screen on starting a mission, (Alt and Enter), which stops my mouse opening a new application when not within the VR border.

I am already using full screen.. What a nightmare it is without it.

Glad to hear you twist a little better now with cold stars on the Harrier, its a nice side effect the workout we get :P

That said, my chair is one of those that rotates. I find myself rotating with the chair in circles unless I grab on to something haha and stretching my arm out to grab the mouse while doing all of this is a big pain, I never get comfortably sit again for a few minutes, major PITA.

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

Hey VR is all about immersion, no quick look keys available in the real thing.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|