Issue with deferred shading in VR

Frusheen

DCS 2.5 Beta: While deferred shading looks great on a monitor I have difficulty with it in VR. I have tried the full range of settings but can’t find a good balance. The highlights are either too bright or the lows are too dark. It doesn’t look natural. If you want natural looking light outside the aircraft then the cockpit becomes almost black. Increasing gamma for a readable cockpit causes the world outside the aircraft to appear too bright and blown out.

Would it be possible to have the end points adjustable in addition to the mean gamma?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Same for me.. Trees etc looks awful without deferred shading, but not able to get a good balance inside and outside cockpit with deferred on! This seems like a monitor only game now?

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

DCS 2.5 Beta: While deferred shading looks great on a monitor I have difficulty with it in VR. I have tried the full range of settings but can’t find a good balance. The highlights are either too bright or the lows are too dark. It doesn’t look natural. If you want natural looking light outside the aircraft then the cockpit becomes almost black. Increasing gamma for a readable cockpit causes the world outside the aircraft to appear too bright and blown out.

Would it be possible to have the end points adjustable in addition to the mean gamma?

Take a look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200906

I'm sure ED had good intentions with this "Upgrade", but why is it us VR players have to turn into computer scientists just to try and get back to anywhere near the performance that we had spent hours and hours getting right before?

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

As I said the sim looks fine on a monitor. Metashaders are not the issue.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I'm sure ED had good intentions with this "Upgrade", but why is it us VR players have to turn into computer scientists just to try and get back to anywhere near the performance that we had spent hours and hours getting right before?

For sure a good point. So ED needs to improve the VR performance. For now i get good results with the tuning tips...

For sure a good point. So ED needs to improve the VR performance. For now i get good results with the tuning tips...

Are you getting "good" as in acceptable, or better performance than the previous version?

I spent several hours yesterday tweaking settings and couldn't get close to how well it looks and performed in 1.58.

Are you getting "good" as in acceptable, or better performance than the previous version?

I spent several hours yesterday tweaking settings and couldn't get close to how well it looks and performed in 1.58.

I didn't use the 1.58 version. I flew only 2 Alpha at NTTR up to version 2.2. So the most improvement i see for me using the settings in NVIDIA CP instead of graphic settings within the game. So performance is slightly better to 2.2 but maybe also caused by not fully enhanced and tuned settings in 2.2.

Oh I see.. I get you now.

I got NTTR performing very well in 2.2 using the same settings as 1.58 except slightly less resolution of 1.2 instead of 1.5. (SS in Steam is also set at 2.5) HDR setting on in both versions added a nice touch especially with low sun.

Caucasus 2.5 however, has trees, lots of them and seems to need deferred shading turned on to get them looking anywhere near normal, but as per the original post that has a negative impact on cockpit quality.

Deleting files and or folders makes you a computer scientist?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11