viewpoint (head position) in A-10C

Hippo

Is it possilble to change the default viewpoint in VR?

It is possilble to change it in non-VR by editing snapviews.lua, but this seems to have no effect in VR.

I would argue that the default eye position is incorrect. For one thing, it appears correct on the ground but then seems to shift down after takeoff. I think it's too low and possibly too far forward.

This has been discussed in detail here and check out this picture.

I am aware that the seat can be raised with the cockpit switch, but I don't think that this has anything to do with the issue.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

if you look down at the stick you know you are way too forward.

you can move the view point arround with CTRL+SHIFT+"NUMPAD arrows" (* and / are up and down).

Once in place you can save it with RLAT+KP0

see here..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3284757&postcount=6

if you look down at the stick you know you are way too forward.

you can move the view point arround with CTRL+SHIFT+"NUMPAD arrows" (* and / are up and down).

Once in place you can save it with RLAT+KP0

see here..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3284757&postcount=6

I’ve tried this a few times but it resets each time I restart. Where is it saved?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

It is stored in a file called SnapView.lua, located in c:\users\your user name\saved games\dcs.openbeta\config\view

You can also change the view point with the mouse. Double click the middle mouse button and use the mouse wheel to move forward and back. Move the mouse to go left, right, up and down. Press the mouse button again and you are in pan mode. Double click the middle mouse button again and you are back in cockpit cursor mode.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Thanks for replying. I thought that snapviews.lua didn't make any difference in VR, but I now see that it does.

I realise now that what was confusing me was that the head position appears to be lowered after takeoff (rotation). I guess this is done to line up the HUD better, but seems a bit unrealistic to me, especially in VR.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It's mainly because in real life, HUD is made to be seen by two eyes - Each eye can see a different part of the screen, so that your mind will combine that in a full picture. But it's not possible to make it work like that on a 2D screen, so they moved the eyepoint forward so you can see everything on the HUD with monocular vision. It's also possible that the cockpit dimensions or HUD projection are incorrect in DCS.

http://www.aerotronicsllc.com/whyhud.html

Why%20use%20a%20Short%20Focus%20HUD%20Device_clip_image002_0000.jpg

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Is there anyway to adjust the vertical rotation around the x-axis (V-ANGLE)? In previous versions, the game would access server.lua or SnapViewsDefault.lua, which allowed you to change the vertical rotation and save it. I've changed in multiple places and the angle still remains at the defaault -26 degrees.

I am using 3 screen setup with Track IR. My two outside screens dip down at weird angles. I noticed that if I lifted my head then the horizon across all 3 screens became flat. This is why I altered the setting originally. It was perfect. Now it seems that changing the value does nothing. Can anybody assist?