New Features

Rhinozherous

I quote from the anouncing thread of this features:

1 - New feature! auto-generated data cartridge. Choosable in the kneeboard (# 6)

The Auto-generated data cartridge is a cartridge with five pre-programmed waypoints, where the third waypoint will be located on the first expected enemy units. This waypoint will take into account projected target movement and if you follow Time on Target cues, you will intercept your target. ** This is a work in progress feature **

2 - You can now load a data-cartridge file stored in the saved games-folder without respawning.

Is anyone aware of how to use this?

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Sorry here’s the instructions for the data-cartridge in Saved-games folder. 2018 Kickoff! Development Changelog

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=199206&share_pid=3346749&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fp%3D3346749&share_type=t

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hmm I played around with this feature... It seems very useless to write to the ini file - inputing the data via the viggen data panel is more easy as fumbling around in the text editor. Altough in both versions (ini file and manual entry in viggen) the waypoint sheet with the correct QFE is not updated, so both are rather useless.

Dont know if this ever gets a proper interface and functions!?

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Dont know if this ever gets a proper interface and functions!?

I think it's a way to open the door for development of flight planing tools, either by themselves or by the community. At least two tools are in the development that has the functionality of exporting plans to the Viggen, one in beta (but sadly seems to have come to a halt) and another not yet released. With them, during MP, one guy can plan upcoming flights while others are flying and send out the files as the plans get ready.

The automatically generated plans I guess are for MP flights were the pilot doesn't have anyone to plan for him.

But this functionality might not be very useful yet though.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I think it's a way to open the door for development of flight planing tools, either by themselves or by the community. At least two tools are in the development that has the functionality of exporting plans to the Viggen, one in beta (but sadly seems to have come to a halt) and another not yet released. With them, during MP, one guy can plan upcoming flights while others are flying and send out the files as the plans get ready.

The automatically generated plans I guess are for MP flights were the pilot doesn't have anyone to plan for him.

But this functionality might not be very useful yet though.

Correct.

This feature was born out of a request from one of these toolmakers (IIRC)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/