Approach Mode HUD

dresoccer4

i'm using Chuck's guide to practice landing, and the screenshots he uses of Approach Mode don't seem to look like mine. when i select Approach Moade, the entire top line of the HUD (airspeed, heading, waypoint, etc) drops down the middle of the HUD which makes things hard to see.

is there a reason this is happening to me but not to Chuck? thanks!

[ATTACH]180119[/ATTACH]

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Your HUD looks perfectly normal to me.

Some people raise their seat so they can see better over the nose.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Your HUD looks perfectly normal to me.

Some people raise their seat so they can see better over the nose.

so the top line is supposed to drop down to the middle of the HUD, and you're supposed to raise your seat till it's back at the top of the HUD? is that the SOP?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I don't know if that's the SOP but it's what I and lots of other people do. The landing attitude of the mirage is pretty extreme at times.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I don't know if that's the SOP but it's what I and lots of other people do. The landing attitude of the mirage is pretty extreme at times.

gotcha, thanks. ill give it a try

so the top line is supposed to drop down to the middle of the HUD, and you're supposed to raise your seat till it's back at the top of the HUD? is that the SOP?

Yes. The landing AoA is 14°. So rise the seat (or view point) until you can see the tip of Pitot tube down in the HUD.:thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It's linked to the PD parameter on the PCA

In APP mode it should appear though?

Also what is the correct glideslope angle for the M2000? I know the Viper uses 2.5 degree approach if the airport allows it (obstructions etc) is the m2000 similar?

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

See edit, you would have to set the desired slope on the CP/PD parameter on the PCN for it to show in APP mode.

Ok. So is it currently possible within DCS? And are there any guides showing how to set that?

Proud owner of:

Also what is the correct glideslope angle for the M2000? I know the Viper uses 2.5 degree approach if the airport allows it (obstructions etc) is the m2000 similar?

Yes, it will be fine. 2.5° to 3°

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No, it does not work yet.

Ah cool. I was unsure if you meant it should work now in DCS or not. Thanks for clarifying :)

Proud owner of: