Water injector

purpi

Each time you landed in VSTOL the water injector to the engine remains at 500 or 490 of consumption at the end of the landing. It seems strange to me that I do not inject almost any water into the engine when I land in VSTOL.

My question is: The consumption of water injection to the engine is normal or not working properly.

It’s still correct to use the water injection, regardless if water is used or not. The switch also changes the thrust ratings on the engine, it’s just a plus that you finish a sortie light enough. Very smart to use it, at least until the VREST calculator is implemented, then you can know very accurately if you need water or even the higher thrust rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

The water injection depends on your RPM. The water flows when you pass certain RPM value.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The water injection depends on your RPM. The water flows when you pass certain RPM value.

Temperature too depending on circumstance and switch position. Full details below as to what happens in each switch position.

TO or LDG Water injection system is armed (engine JPTL datum changed) and the engine fuel control provides supplementary fuel resulting in an engine rpm rise at IDLE. The --408 engine increases 6.0 to 7.0 percent.

TO Water flows when the throttle is set above 95 percent rpm for the --408 engine.

After takeoff, water continues to flow until airspeed exceeds 250 knots, water is depleted, OFF is selected, or the throttle is moved below 103 percent rpm for the --408 engine.

LDG Water flows when airspeed is below 250 knots, jet pipe temperature exceeds 765 °C (--408 engine), and the throttle is set above 105 percent rpm for the --408 engine.

Water flow stops only if water is depleted, OFF is selected, or the throttle is moved below103 percent rpm for the --408 engine. After initial water flow, water will flow each time the throttle is set above 105 percent rpm, regardless of the JPT until the LDG mode datum is reset by cycling the H2O switch.

OFF Shuts off water injection system. The OFF position must be manually selected to reset the engine jet pipe temperature limiter datum and engine fuel system.

Right. The main reason is RPM setting but other parameters are taking in count also.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4