JTAC, which units can mark targets?

I know that there are several JTAC threads but most are at least a couple of years old so I though I should ask.

Which units can mark targets with WP, IR and Laser?

The only ones I can get to work are the HMMWV TOW and the Stryker ICV.

Other once like Infantry M4 and LAV 25 wont work, I would like them to. Is this the same for all or is it something wierd with my installation? In the old threads I have read that at least the HMMWV Armament and Infantry M4 is capable of marking targets. The manual says all armed units is capable.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Any human controlled ground unit can be a JTAC and use bino's to IR mark, laser mark or give coordinates.

We use the MANPAD unit as it's the only direct controllable infantry unit in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Any human controlled ground unit can be a JTAC and use bino's to IR mark, laser mark or give coordinates.

We use the MANPAD unit as it's the only direct controllable infantry unit in DCS.

Ok, I was thinking about which AI units that can mark though

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

You have to be careful what you mean by "mark." I'm sure what you mean from context is designate for laser guided weapon but this is not synonymous with mark.

Marking can be but not limited to: gunfire, visible laser pointer, car headlight, throwing rocks painted bright yellow, IR laser pointer, smoke grenades, smoke rockets, explosive bombs, explosive rockets, explosive grenades, and yes even a coded weapon designation laser. You get the idea. Marking is directing the pilot's attention to a particular location so that a weapon delivery may follow.

I know for example that HMMWV TOW may designate by laser designator but HMMWV armed or unarmed cannot. I don't have the complete list and couldn't find such a list with a quick search but hopefully an improved understanding of the terminology may allow you to formulate a more exact question or search query.