Runway lights have some problems

ebabil

Street lights can be seen from any angle, but runway ligths can't be seen from ceratin angles, especially vertical angles. these 2 pics were taken from same distance but different angles

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

another 2 examples

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

I dont really now how they work in real but this is not supposed to be that way?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

They look like exactly as if they are not there when you look from vertical angles. Aren't they suppose to enlight some parts of the surface ?

Youtube

I dont really now how they work in real but this is not supposed to be that way?

As someone who has flown over airports before at night several times, and has airports close by locally, no, this is not how it is supposed to look. Nothing at night currently looks how it should look. At least compared to the real world. I mean, the literal black hole that is circled in 2nd set of pics that has RW written next to it. That is supposed to be an airport at night. It looks like the entrance to the abyss. I mean the space is completely void of lights...completely. :huh:

FAA, not ICAO, but applicable for Nevada:https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/150-5345-46E.pdf

Also: https://www.faa.gov/airports/southern/airport_safety/part139_cert/media/aso-airfield-standards-quick-reference.pdf

I’m thinking standard runway edge lights per FAA are either omnidirectional or bidirectional. I will say from experience it can be more difficult to identify the runway from the edge lights when not lined up with the runway, but they should still be visible.

Edited by Cake

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT