Crash with Tripple-Head Setup not fixed.

MP. Fixed multi-monitor setup crashes when joining or hosting multiplayer game.

No, It's not. Just flew a session and after about 20 Minutes or so the screen froze but sound was still playing. Killed DCS with ALT-F4.

Logs Folder is attached below...

Greetings

Logs.zip

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

• ED Team

Hi thanks for the info

can you tell me if you use a modified Field of view?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Should be the default FOV of 140 if I read the Server.lua right.

CameraViewAngleLimits  = {20.000000,140.000000},

But I use a modified Monitor Setup Lua to get the Radio Menu etc. on the center screen.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('1 Screen');
Description = 'One monitor configuration'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = screen.width;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = screen.aspect;
    }
}
-- UIMainView = Viewports.Center
UIMainView =  
{
x = 1920;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
aspect = 1920/1080;
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

• ED Team

Some users have said reducing the FOV to 120 Has helped

I do not have a triple screen setup so can not confirm but it maybe worth a try

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I tried that before but I get eyecancer If I do so. My vision is placed right in front of the HUD then, wich kills it for me.

• ED Team

sure I understand, I will mention these issues to the team on Monday

thanks

Thank you for the help, BIGNEWY :)

Again, it'd give me eyecancer.

I tried every variety of every possible Tripple-Head Setup and the one I posted above is the only one wich is a good solution.

• ED Team

Hi all

I need someone with a triple monitor setup with freezes to attach their

options.lua

and any other file that has been modified.

I want to be able to give the team the exact same conditions you are having

Hi all

I need someone with a triple monitor setup with freezes to attach their

options.lua

and any other file that has been modified.

I want to be able to give the team the exact same conditions you are having

That freeze is not create a log.... just freeze forever..... that be need a CRTL+ALT+DEL !!

• ED Team
That freeze is not create a log.... just freeze forever..... that be need a CRTL+ALT+DEL !!

Yes I know.

I am asking for the options.lua ;)

:megalol:

Yes I know.

I am asking for the options.lua ;)

Well, its different by users but, here it's mine

I think that's a little error , in update and, we have many pilots that use multimonitors.... if ED solves this quickly, we'll give some kisses to you :D:D

options.lua

Edited by =BR= CEROL

• ED Team

thanks, I am adding it to the report I made on the request of the Dev

FREEZES WITH TRIPLE MONITOR

Hi! I also use a triple monitors with Nvidia surround ( 5760x1080 resolution with 5.3333 axpect ratio ) and I have very similar freeze problems causing the DCS crash .

In multiplayer some times it also happens that after a long freeze during which I can only hear the audio, it automatically kick me back to the multiplayer page.

This freezes happens all the time using the track ir 5, several times during a flight.

I've never encountered the problem using the oculus

This is my sistem information:

MSI H270 TOMAHAWK - I5 7600K QUADCORE 3.8 Ghz + NOCTUA NH-U12S - MSI GTX 1080 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 MHz - SSD 250 GB + SSD500 GB + 1 HDD 1TB - 3 MONITOR SORROUND ( 2x22" + 1x24" Samsung ) - ALIMENTATORE 1000W - OCULUS RIFT CV1

Attached you can find my option.lua and logs.

Thanks! hope it may help you to solve this bug

Logs.zip

option-lua-dcs-2.5-triple-mon.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Same problems highlighted by other players:

My specs (hope it helps):

Processor: I7 6700K

Motherboard: Z170X Ultra Gaming

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1070 Strix

Ram: 16 Gigs

DCS is installed in a dedicated SSD and i am running 3 27" inch monitor (5760x1080)

Same for everyone else after a random period of time (may be 10 mins may be 45) the video freezes (sound still goes on) and i have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to kill it. The only notable thing i have witnessed is that freezes happen more frequently while using the Huey.

Thanks for the help

options.lua

surround.lua

Please let me manifest a feeling...

who is reporting a freeze are you using the TrackIR?

I think about a quick view change that you can get with a trackIR with a sensible motion and a multimonitor.

Yesterday i flew without problem with one monitor ... today i enabled the three monitor and as soon i get in the cockpit i tried to look around (PIT was zoomed and i try to center it) and DCS is freezed.

Now i would like to try without trackIR

• 2 weeks later...

It's happens since a beatifull caucasus update , and we had some patches thats not solve this ! was related in this forum in 1 or 2 moths ago !

Still waiting and more sad about it , i dont understand what happens with these huge "patches" , thats fixes little things, these huge "patches" look like a new game (10 GBs) !

:mad:

it appeared in Nevada 2.1 or 2.2 i do not know exactly ...

because at this time i changed from one monitor to 3 monitors ...

if i use FOV < 130 i have no problems except i could not see enough :(

next time i will test a 4k monitor to avoid these problems .

too much ...

it appeared in Nevada 2.1 or 2.2 i do not know exactly ...

because at this time i changed from one monitor to 3 monitors ...

if i use FOV < 130 i have no problems except i could not see enough :(

next time i will test a 4k monitor to avoid these problems .

How do you limit your FOV?

• 3 weeks later...

Today I tested flying with an FOV of 139 and everything worked just fine...

until I wanted to take some screenshots and fired up DxTory.

Are you guys with the same problems using that Program too?

Today I tested flying with an FOV of 139 and everything worked just fine...

until I wanted to take some screenshots and fired up DxTory.

Are you guys with the same problems using that Program too?

I do not use tha program, sorry. I have not messed with the FOV but i still keep getting the same freezes as per my first post

How do you limit your FOV?

since OB 2.5.1 the FOV problem is resolved :thumbup:

it is not necessary to limit the FOV now ...

FYI: FOV changes with zooming in and out ....

and u could control that with press Ctrl-Pause twice (i hope that was the right key :))

too much ...