Extend Building Burn Duration

hello! i was wondering if there was a mod, or if someone could tell me who to extend the duration of building burn times?

reasoning is, i'm flying around populous Caen, launching barrages of missiles down into the hapless plebeians below. this causes numerous house fires that rage across the city in a cascade of wondrous smoke plumes. :music_whistling:

but the efficient sims put out all of the fires in just a couple minutes flat. it's incredibly impressive. but not what i want (or, i would guesstimate, realistic). even the big warehouse fires are extinguished.

any help would be appreciated!

cheers

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Wow... I feel bad for their families now...

:megalol:

Haven't seen one yet but I will update you when I do! :thumbup:

don't feel bad, i think the peeps actually enjoy the challenge of fire-dousing!

i feel like there must be a setting .lua somewhere that sets a timer for building fires, however i can't find it :(

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Try looking in Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Models\BlockBuildings at the StructTable.sht file (open with Notepad++) there are values in there for the fire lifetime of the buildings.

thanks! ok so i checked it out. it contains entries that look like:

{

file = "angar_b_new";

castshadows = false;

life = 40;

fire =

{

150;

2;

};

username = "Hangar B";

maxSlope = 25;

desrt = "angar_b_crash";

};

are we thinking those fire values control the burn/smoke duration? wonder what each number means, are they in seconds, minutes, something else? (i can experiment later, just seeing if someone else already knew)

the link you specified is for Caucasus, so assume the buildings for the Normandy one would be at:

...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Normandy\Models\Normandy1944s.StructTable.sht ?

there are a ton of those .sht files spread around there. i wonder if the correct one would be under:

...\Mods\terrains\Normandy\Models\Destroyed\StructTable.sht ... ? just thinking out loud here.

iirc, (from memory from 100 years ago so may have changed, so don't shot me if it's wrong :D )

Life = is time in seconds

fire = is height & density

so above would be 40 seconds duration 150 meters high and 2 (whatever that is in thickness)

maxSlope = is either the max degree it can tilt with the wind direction, or the max slope the terrain can be at to have smoke appear?

This thread may also help (1st post) https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158404&highlight=smoke+dust

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

iirc, (from memory from 100 years ago so may have changed, so don't shot me if it's wrong :D )

Life = is time in seconds

fire = is height & density

so above would be 40 seconds duration 150 meters high and 2 (whatever that is in thickness)

maxSlope = is either the max degree it can tilt with the wind direction, or the max slope the terrain can be at to have smoke appear?

This thread may also help (1st post) https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158404&highlight=smoke+dust

thanks for the info (even if it may be wrong :) )! i'll tinker tinker.

and that link you sent, i actually currently use that mod (it's survived all of the version upgrades somehow) and it was actually the inspiration for this post, as i knew enhancing the building burn time was probably possible since that mod increases plane burn time successfully