KC-130 TACAN # not registering change

Spetz

If I set the KC-130 TACAN to anything but the default 1X, TCN mode will not pick it up. This is for Causcasus map, not tested in NTTR or Normandy yet.

For example, in the attached mission, TACAN is set to 13X. Enter it via UFC, select TCN mode and nothing. Change it to the default 1 (despite setting it in the ME as 13) and it works as it should.

MOOSE LUA and RAT script is installed for this mission but same results without it.

CAU_AV8B Refuelling Practice MOOSE.miz

Edited by Spetz

Well, AAR certainly needs some more attention, but changing TCN does work.

I usually have multiple Tankers on the Map with TCN in the 110-115 Y range, and they all show up. It might get bugged if you just copy & paste the plane tho.

Made you a sample mission with 2 Tankers for Normandy, tested both ok.

NOR_AAR_TR_01.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks. I'll test the mission tonight.

It's strange that it's not working for me. I even noticed that the bearing in the top left corner to the TACAN on the MPCD is displayed before I even turn TACAN on via the UFC.

So I get it straight... Press TCN on UFC, Press ON ("ON" displayed), enter TCN # + ENT, Select TCN on MPCD, Ensure both T/R and AA (ODU 1 &3) are active with ":" and it should work. I've tried it airborne and on the ground. The only time I get a proper TACAN signal is if it is on 1X, not any other TACAN number.

If your .miz doesn't work for me I will record a trk and submit it.

Edited by Spetz

Ok, figured out the issue. Thanks for the mission so I can see how you had it set up.

From what I see, if you use the ME small button for advance waypoint options vice the "Advanced Waypoint Options" tab on the bottom, everything you put in via the smaller button is overwritten by the larger one and doesn't work. Tested on all maps and works fine.

Cheers

Spetz, I'm not sure I understand what you just said... could you be more explicit please ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Sorry about that..I'm not at home right now or would post a screenie..

In the ME, when you place an asset, you have the symbol buttons that are for flight planning, load-out, waypoint action, radio freq's and failures (more or less depending on airframe).

If you set the KC-130 up for "Tanker" and "Activate TACAN" via the 2nd button (waypoint options) and change from TACAN 1X to anything else, it does not actually change the TACAN frequency leaving it on 1X.

Below this on the very bottom you have the tab button that is labeled "(Advanced) Waypoint Actions". When you drop a KC-130 on the map, the "Tanker" and "Activate TACAN" are automatically populated in this area, with the default 1X for TACAN.

from what I see, and the issue that I was having was that I was adding and adjusting the options via the top symbol button, but it was getting over-ridden by the bottom "(Advanced) Waypoint Actions" tab, so when I set it to 16X above, it defaulted to 1X below, and only read that information. Hence, nothing ingame for 16X, but received signal for 1X.

If I adjusted settings on the bottom section only, all changes were reflected in game and everything worked.

Really hope this explains this better....

Edited by Spetz