Mission 2: 2x wingmen CFIT

Replaying the campaign for the first time in years, and went out on the second mission.

knowing about the MANPAD, I was primed and ready to pop flares and dodge, but all I got was AI calls of "ejecting" since there was no launch warning, I couldn't figure what had happened. Tacview revealed that 2 and 3 CFIT'ed into a hillside, and because I circled around where they went down unsure if the MANPAD was there, I ended up off track enough to completely miss the MANPAD.

Not so much a bug, but if you command line abreast in NOE flight, wingmen will follow it a bit to literally. Possibly due to collidable trees?

Yeah... not much I can do about the AI, it is teue that they have become more suicidal. A word of advice: if you are on 2.5.1 OB wait for the next ptch, lots of triggers are broken unfortunayely :(

I'll hold off a bit then, hope triggers get fixed next patch. And take better care of my wingmen during low altitude flight.

Not so much a bug, but if you command line abreast in NOE flight, wingmen will follow it a bit to literally. Possibly due to collidable trees?

I think a line formation in NOE is a fairly big challenge, AI or not. Even more so in hilly terrain like the lesser Caucasus mountains in mission 2.

When I go low, I like to order AI into trail, and humans into fighting wing or combat trail to allow them room to maneuver while maintaining good visual of lead. In this mission, that always worked fine for me with the AI. :thumbup: