F15 Model

rattler

Walmis, this is not to put any pressure on you as we know how hard you worked to give this forum one of the best looking F15c's in a flight sim. The question is would it be possible for someone with modding experience to finish the model, WITH the permission of Walmis and that is assuming Walmis will not be looking at finishing it in the future. I know this is a fine thread that I am walking on but so many people Love this Model and Walmis has brought it to almost perfection. He is with out a doubt a very talented person and I don't want to diminish his accomplishment with this model. I would just like to know if it can be finished. If not it will still be my model of choice to fly in Lockon, FS or BS. It is truely a very realistic model, more so than the stock version. If the answer is negative then I will enjoy what Walmis has given us. Walmis you are very talented but I understand your point of view and I respect that and I respect you. You have given so much to this forum and to Lockon. Cheers. Best Wishes.

Walmis, this is not to put any pressure on you as we know how hard you worked to give this forum one of the best looking F15c's in a flight sim. The question is would it be possible for someone with modding experience to finish the model, WITH the permission of Walmis and that is assuming Walmis will not be looking at finishing it in the future. I know this is a fine thread that I am walking on but so many people Love this Model and Walmis has brought it to almost perfection. He is with out a doubt a very talented person and I don't want to diminish his accomplishment with this model. I would just like to know if it can be finished. If not it will still be my model of choice to fly in Lockon, FS or BS. It is truely a very realistic model, more so than the stock version. If the answer is negative then I will enjoy what Walmis has given us. Walmis you are very talented but I understand your point of view and I respect that and I respect you. You have given so much to this forum and to Lockon. Cheers. Best Wishes.

Then somebody must create the model from scratch! because Walmis lost the model.....

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

There IS an installer package on his sig...

The model that comes with the installer is in .LOM format. To edit the model in any way you must have the original MAX model which Walmis has lost. ED did not create a LOM -> MAX tool, there was no point as they have the original models in MAX format to work with.

Someone has created a program to unpack the LOM format but IIRC it unpacks with errors and is $50.

Unless Walmis finds a back-up somewhere or gets some way to restore his old data, then all is lost for editing the current model.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I/we will stick with Walmis unless a modder of which I am not, Throws his hat in the ring. It is to bad Walmis had that misfortune he was so very close. I would be extremely upset if it were me. All that work and yes damn hard and long work. Too bad , but I will enjoy what Walmis has given us. cheers and thanks. Had to ask, as I say I am no modder but those that are I take my hat off to you all. cheers.

I recon walmis's model is pretty good already as is :) I sure is a same he lost it, even if he didn't mean to continue working on it, because that model is produce of long hard work.

Sure it could be made even better (which model couldn't) but I'm very happy with it already :D I wish more for the fuel tanks to be fixed so full shadows work on it properly... well actually they do if you use texture for it but then all other fuel tanks on other aircraft look like... well crap :(

No longer active in DCS...

I recon walmis's model is pretty good already as is :) I sure is a same he lost it, even if he didn't mean to continue working on it, because that model is produce of long hard work.

Sure it could be made even better (which model couldn't) but I'm very happy with it already :D I wish more for the fuel tanks to be fixed so full shadows work on it properly... well actually they do if you use texture for it but then all other fuel tanks on other aircraft look like... well crap :(

I agree. I will fly only the Walmis model. Just a wish to see it finished and yes he did work long and hard to bring it to where it is. Ya the textures on other tanks look like crap but hey the F15 looks good. If they can't give us weapons with proper range etc. at least we can look good. Ha Ha.cheers