Alpha, Beta...

IJammer

We seem to have had Alpha and or Beta versions of DCS it seems for ever... will there ever come a time when we will just run with the stable version?

I appreciate the reasons why... Apha's and Beta's being test beds for such a complex bit of kit... just asking. :music_whistling:

• ED Team

Alpha is no more, this branch is dead

beta will always be the public test branch

and we have the release branch

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

They run concurrently, or at least my understanding of it from a programming aspect is that it's this way, so when features are considered stable they find their way into the stable branch, those that wish to test new features (that may never make it into stable) can choose to do so, but as with any piece of software running two public branches like this; be it on your head if things break, it is to be expected.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64