[NO BUG] Throttle Issue

VMFA-Blaze

I've just installed the F/A-18 and was going through the cold and dark mission

I have a ThrustmasterThrottle installed but for some reason the throttle isn't recognized.. I've gone into the options menu and tried to set it up but with no success.. I don't have this issue with other modules.

Is anyone else haveing this problem and if so have there been any conclusions as to how to fix this.

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

BRILLIANT LOVELY AIRCRAFT. However HOTAS WARTHOG, cannot get airbrake to deploy, have tried various buttons on the throttle and joystick. Although they MAP on the input, nothing happens. Did try a couple of MFD buttons, they said mapped, but does not deploy.

Also, regarding MFD's does not seem to recognise them, but this is BETA so no sweat.

Flaps work using the throttle

Otherwise it looks lovely and very responsive.....now time to RTFM a LOT more THANK YOU

• ED Team

Hi

seems ok on mine.

please ensure your throttles travel the full axis, it should be recognised then.

let me know if not

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've just installed the F/A-18 and was going through the cold and dark mission

I have a Crosswinds Throttle installed but for some reason the throttle isn't recognized.. I've gone into the options menu and tried to set it up but with no success.. I don't have this issue with other modules.

Is anyone else haveing this problem and if so have there been any conclusions as to how to fix this.

If you start cold and dark and want to start-up your engines you have to "unlock" your throttle axis with "right shift + home" and "right alt + home" before you can move them.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

BRILLIANT LOVELY AIRCRAFT. However HOTAS WARTHOG, cannot get airbrake to deploy, have tried various buttons on the throttle and joystick...

The Airbrake is not an toggle function. Look for Speedbrake, there is a "release" function - this is one click and the airbrake retracts. I can't remember the name of the deploy function, it's above the "release" function. You have to keep it pressed to deploy the airbreak!

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Can't Move Throttle out of detent

Hello

When I tried the startup i couldn't move the any of both the throttles out of detend to spool up the engines, although i mapped both the throttles and the detents. the later to multiple different buttons for testing

I also tried keyboard commands, which also didn't work

I'm using the Thrustmaster Warthog

I hope somebody can help me with this issue since no other module made this kind of problem

Should work with the default key combos "right shift + home" and "right alt + home"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3505912&postcount=4

Thank you for the advice, Bignewy and Unknown, The throttle travel and response is fine, I normally use one of the throttle buttons to OPEN, and the other to CLOSE the speedbrake. That does not work as I expected but I will experiment as per Unknown and do the holds, but as other half has done the cooking, Will come back to this tomorrow, THANK YOU GENTS for the swift response.

If you start cold and dark and want to start-up your engines you have to "unlock" your throttle axis with "right shift + home" and "right alt + home" before you can move them.

That's excellent instructions.. I had the same issue with the A/V-8B.. Thank you for your help ...

Blaze~

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR