My thoughts and kinda backstory on this very module :)

macedk

Hi :)

Like a lot of you.. when I saw the blackshark module and on jet side the A-10C..I went "uhh make a fast jet"..:)

So what did I have back in the day ..Falcon 4.0 for fast jets and fsx for a good navigation and planning tool.

Falcon 4.0 tord me the hole tactical side of fast jets and combat, the joy was that it was mostly done in multiplayer. Il-2 tord me how to fly a plane as the fast jets like a f-16(Falcon4.0) will teach you nothing about flying. To me fast jest are 80% weapons platform and 20% flying.

Then This F-18 module goes along and tells me to fly again.

A lot of folks are missing a lot of features but I must admit getting the chance to ease in at early access is for me a good thing, why ? one thing at a time will make you better. Think first day on a new job ...completely overwhelmed and thinking "never gonna get this" 3 months later you are a pro ;)

So for me, since it is a navi jet and trapping is just where the balls are ...period ;)

If you can't land in any shape or form ..what is the point ;)

Danish military is weighing this very high before sending the young pilots on the road for further pilot training. "You fly like a boss but your landings are not up to scratch....next"

So back to the f-18. So far .....different and having being away from fast jets for far too long, steep learning curve but not impossible.

If you think "oh frag ..I have to trap to make it" Then the F-18 is not for you.

So far good going and the early release is not perfect but we get a chance and can make inputs now, And I think DCS team knew or knows that this module is a cornerstone in their work.

So before we all "continue" to flame that the bolts on the left side are misaligned ... ;).

Most of us consumers would have been giving up a long time ago "frag it you ungrateful sods :)) So kudos to the team.

Final note ..what is the biggest thing for me right now....MANAGE THE FRAGGIN SPEED YOU IDIOT, ok got it and will try ;)

peace :)

Edited by macedk

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed on your analysis of fsx/p3d and Falcon.

Thoroughly done Falcon in its current decrepit form.

Loving this Hornet, never liked the A10C, no radar, no energy. Waited YEARS for this...

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Thoroughly done Falcon in its current decrepit form.

Loving this Hornet, never liked the A10C, no radar, no energy. Waited YEARS for this...

Hey, back off the A-10C remarks:D I will always have a soft spot for her and the guy's flying her will still circling the battle field with more ammo doing CAS while you go and refuel for the 3 time.

Just because it took them 3 hours longer to get to the AO, doesn't mean anything. The tortoise won the race in the end..:)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I blame the Hornet for loss of my appetite to fly other modules. Really having much fun despite this early acces released. My only gripe is no IFF which is crucial in MP. Please make it quick dear ED

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

...the guy's flying her will still circling the battle field with more ammo doing CAS while you go and refuel for the 3 time...

THIS! I flew the A10 about 90% of my DCS time because I love choppers but that Kamov just ..I don't know... in a way I only lilke it halfhearted (would die for a AH-64 or 64D if the AI is well made or its manageable to do both roles like in LB2) and the FC2 modules wheren't my thing.

But the A10 was so slowwwww... Everything took ages. So i bought about every faster module I could find. Wasn't happy with much of them because I hate navigation in the F-5 - otherwise a finde module, and the Viggen - was fast but lacked other stuff I missed.

But then came the harrier and I was happy - at first. Had not that much room for weapons, ok it was faster but I had only minutes on target before BINGO called. Thought I'm doning stuff wrong - too fast all the time? Where can I save fuel? Can I fly more economically? Higher? Lower? Slower? Nope.

Took a jet-break and jumped into the A10 again, circling and shooting and bombing and all that stuff like it felt forever and had still some rounds left an tons of fuel when I ran out of targets.

Wasn't me. Was the damm jets.

Enough for now - back into the Hornet, learning refueling :D

I agree, this is the module I've waiting for. I think that this early access give us the chance to "study" all the stuff it has to offer. There are a Lot of things to learn, but for all of us who enjoy to fly this electronic birds it was worth the wait!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Already getting comfortable looking all the right places. She is super stable, formation fun stuff coming up :)

18 F-18 hornet in formation (maybe the Reapers should be contacted for this endeavour :) )

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi :)

Like a lot of you.. when I saw the blackshark module and on jet side the A-10C..I went "uhh make a fast jet"..:)

So what did I have back in the day ..Falcon 4.0 for fast jets and fsx for a good navigation and planning tool.

Falcon 4.0 tord me the hole tactical side of fast jets and combat, the joy was that it was mostly done in multiplayer. Il-2 tord me how to fly a plane as the fast jets like a f-16(Falcon4.0) will teach you nothing about flying. To me fast jest are 80% weapons platform and 20% flying.

A lot of folks are missing a lot of features but I must admit getting the chance to ease in at early access is for me a good thing, why ? one thing at a time will make you better. Think first day on a new job ...completely overwhelmed and thinking "never gonna get this" 3 months later you are a pro ;)

So for me, since it is a navi jet and trapping is just where the balls are ...period ;)

If you can't land in any shape or form ..what is the point ;)

Danish military is weighing this very high before sending the young pilots on the road for further pilot training. "You fly like a boss but your landings are not up to scratch....next"

So back to the f-18. So far .....different and having being away from fast jets for far too long, steep learning curve but not impossible.

If you think "oh frag ..I have to trap to make it" Then the F-18 is not for you.

So far good going and the early release is not perfect but we get a chance and can make inputs now, And I think DCS team knew or knows that this module is a cornerstone in their work.

So before we all "continue" to flame that the bolts on the left side are misaligned ... ;).

Most of us consumers would have been giving up a long time ago "frag it you ungrateful sods :)) So kudos to the team.

Final note ..what is the biggest thing for me right now....MANAGE THE FRAGGIN SPEED YOU IDIOT, ok got it and will try ;)

peace :)

The bolts on the left side are MISALIGNED!? Must be a bug.. :joystick:

Love my Huey and A10C. But love this Hornet too. And with Belsimtek/ED announcing the Cobra and F16 block 50 on their roadmap, I'm in sim nirvana. Huey, A10C, Spitfire, Mustang, and Hornet will keep me busy enough while I await the glorious Cobra/F16.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I blame the Hornet for loss of my appetite to fly other modules. Really having much fun despite this early acces released. My only gripe is no IFF which is crucial in MP. Please make it quick dear ED

Flew Falcon 4.0 and all its children multiplayer for many years, hundreds of flight hours, with no IFF. Learn "Raygun" and "Buddy Spike".

Regarding that specific statement, this is why I’m most excited about the Tomcat. I love the Hornet and ED is doing what they do best; making you feel like you’re flying! But the Hornet is a FBW aircraft that trims itself and has push-button spin recovery, etc. To me the Hornet isn’t aerodynamically interesting. It is a very interesting modern weapons platform. The Tomcat is going to satisfy my flying curiosity though.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...