[Video]Ka-50 (maybe repost)

nice... Makes me want BS even more.

Didn't know the rockets tilted up and down. Cool!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Cool looking helicopter! The level of automation is amazing since there is one crew member only. It will be interesting to see Black Shark in action on my PC! :)

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

ya, i want to do that stuff...:gun_rifle::pilotfly:

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

MAN!!!!

that's some awesome fire power.. and the system has a helmet mounted Monique as well.....

Very cool.. I can't wait to try it out...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

...and the system has a helmet mounted Monique as well.....

Very cool.. I can't wait to try it out...

~S~

Blaze

wazat? :huh: (the round thing in front of the pilots eye?) what does it do and will we have it in BS?

Ya, I saw that. I also realized that just starting the choper up will take at least a week of practice amd memorization. (that's insane!)

wazat? :huh: (the round thing in front of the pilots eye?) what does it do and will we have it in BS?

It 's similar to the floating circle that moves when you move your head.....

You move it till its over the A/C that you want to target.. You then Lock the target and fire... Its good because it doesn't limit you to just the HUD.. You can actually target the A/C just by looking out of the side of the cockpit ..

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Aeroscout, there will be a "quick-launch" option where the motor is already running.

Ya, but what's the fun of that? :D

The thing has un unlimited yaw rate, but that's not useful at high speeds or if the pilot has 'normal' SA, but then again, the Ka-50 is some leet, 'I will blast your mujahadeen ass in the middle of the night and take your wife and kids along with you' kind of chopper. I wonder how it takes 12.7mm rounds, the Mi-24 did pretty good, though some occasional golden BBs damaged rotor controls/tail rotor transmission/set off ordnance. Oh, will the ka-50 in BS blow up when let's say a bomb is hit by a bullet?

And can we override the FCS? I don't want scripted blade clashes :P

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Maybe, but quite frankly, a good pilot in a Bell 206 can dance like that. It disorients the hell out of you though, and its always good to know exactly where your nose is in relation to those bullet flingers that are looking to eat you. ;)

I could immagian that...

Do the counter-rotating blades allow it the unlimited yaw rate?

The thing has un unlimited yaw rate...

wait... force feedback confused me...

most Helecopters cannot rotate 90-180 degrees like the Ka-50 can. Is this due to the counterrotatiog blades or the lack of a tailroader?

true, you have a bit more freedom in a helicopter. (having the ability to stop and go when ever you like, etc)

I'v just never seen an apache or the sort do the same menovers the Ka-50 can do. But i'll take your word for it. force feed back confused me.

BTW...Apaches not only do that, but they do complete rolls too...something which most helicopters cannot do. ;)

Ahhh... yes, the Kobra of the chopper world ;)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

The yaw rate is not limited by the maximum deflection of the tail rotor, that's the 'unlimited' ofcourse, you still need to maintain balance, and that large tail will slow you down eventually, but there is no maximum yaw rate on counterrotating blade schemes. The yaw rate is limited, but only by aerodynamic forces on the chopper, the pilot and how much he wants to puke afterwards.

In a conventional helicopter you have a limited yaw rate, becasue at some point the tail rotors can't produce more moment, due to the deflection, rpm and airspeed, hence it is limited. On the ka-50 they COULD like hold the left pedal for 20 minutes, but that would most likely end with a burning wreck and a very nauseous corpse :/

I do have a suspicion conventional choppers have a faster yaw response, because there is no need to slow down a whole rotor.

D'oh, the thing would just lose lift :p They do have some kind of digital FCS built in after those fatal test flight crashes, but it can be overridden by adding more force, at the risk of blade clash, and all the other quirks of that flying coffin with never used ejection system.

I'm already looking forward to do some aerobatics with that beast, and I know for sure the first, and maybe 20-ish times I try I would end up in some smoking hole.

Wonder if we'll get alternative bail out options, like jettisoning either hatches on the sides and dropping down on a chute, I'm not counting on it, but heck, it's possible in the real beast, and ED is making it realistic-ish, soooo...

Ok, i see.

The Ka-50 wins in terms of saftey though. (ejection seat!)

Wonder if we'll get alternative bail out options, like jettisoning either hatches on the sides and dropping down on a chute, I'm not counting on it, but heck, it's possible in the real beast, and ED is making it realistic-ish, soooo...

As far as I've heard they're going to make this as close to the real thing as possible...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

As far as I've heard they're going to make this as close to the real thing as possible...

~S~

Blaze

Ya, the realism will be great. I'm really looking forward to it. too bad the other planes arn't going to be as realistic.

And, ya, an ejection seat could be consitered safe. do you prefer being lauched out of the burning aircraft and than parachute down, or do you die in the crash...

I'll take the ejection, though i would prefer neither of those options. :smilewink: