Change starting camera location

Swany

So, whenever I start my map, and jump in as a spectator, it always starts in exactly the same spot. It used to change after I'd place an object and then it would start at the last place object. It no longer does that. I have NO idea how it was moving around before.

So, my question is - Is there a way to pick where you want the camera to be when you load in and you haven't F2/F7/F9/F12/etc etc yet? I'm tired of looking at exactly the same back end of exactly the same aircraft......

• Like 1

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

I’m not positive but watching some YouTube videos I picked up on something I wasn’t aware of and it might help you also. They would go into the f10 map, highlight an object. Or maybe it was a unit then hit f7 and they would go to that location,unit and the view would be from it.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 year later...

My appologies for bringing this thread back to live, but have you found a solution for this already? I have been trying to figure this out as well.

• Like 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

For single player its the unit with lowest ID that is active, in the order of air, land, sea, and the camera is always looking north. But in MP, clients will see something entirely different. Havent figured out how it picks the unit.

So an air unit can have a higher ID than a land and/or sea unit, and it will be the unit seen.

• Thanks 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Thanks Knock-Knock!

It would be great if we could pick a point on the map. Like put a camera placeholder in the map with some settings like angle, height, ...

• Like 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Thanks Knock-Knock!

It would be great if we could pick a point on the map. Like put a camera placeholder in the map with some settings like angle, height, ...

It would indeed. Some clever naming to a trigger zone for example:

StartCamera_300_+2_45

300 being heading to look and +2 is orientation, 2 degrees up, and 45 is FOV.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...